March Town United facing final-day fight for fourth after 3-1 defeat
MARCH Town United still need a point to secure fourth place after a 3-1 defeat to Thetford Town on Saturday.
The Hares must get at least a draw from Saturday’s trip to Halstead Town in order to seal their highest league finish for more than a decade.
Brett Whaley’s side were unable to beat promoted Thetford, for what would have been the third time this season, on Saturday.
Visitors March went behind in the 11th minute but hit back from the penalty spot 15 minutes later. Captain Luke Pepper converted after Ash Brand had been felled in the box.
The Hares began to grow in confidence but found themselves behind again on the stroke of half time, despite suspicions of offside.
You may also want to watch:
Title-chasing Thetford became more dominant after the break and a third goal on the hour-mark made the game safe.
March Town United Reserves were beaten 2-1 by Burwell Swifts at the GER.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 9 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement