March Town United facing final-day fight for fourth after 3-1 defeat
MARCH Town United still need a point to secure fourth place after a 3-1 defeat to Thetford Town on Saturday.
The Hares must get at least a draw from Saturday’s trip to Halstead Town in order to seal their highest league finish for more than a decade.
Brett Whaley’s side were unable to beat promoted Thetford, for what would have been the third time this season, on Saturday.
Visitors March went behind in the 11th minute but hit back from the penalty spot 15 minutes later. Captain Luke Pepper converted after Ash Brand had been felled in the box.
The Hares began to grow in confidence but found themselves behind again on the stroke of half time, despite suspicions of offside.
You may also want to watch:
Title-chasing Thetford became more dominant after the break and a third goal on the hour-mark made the game safe.
March Town United Reserves were beaten 2-1 by Burwell Swifts at the GER.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart