March Town United facing final-day fight for fourth after 3-1 defeat
MARCH Town United still need a point to secure fourth place after a 3-1 defeat to Thetford Town on Saturday.
The Hares must get at least a draw from Saturday’s trip to Halstead Town in order to seal their highest league finish for more than a decade.
Brett Whaley’s side were unable to beat promoted Thetford, for what would have been the third time this season, on Saturday.
Visitors March went behind in the 11th minute but hit back from the penalty spot 15 minutes later. Captain Luke Pepper converted after Ash Brand had been felled in the box.
The Hares began to grow in confidence but found themselves behind again on the stroke of half time, despite suspicions of offside.
You may also want to watch:
Title-chasing Thetford became more dominant after the break and a third goal on the hour-mark made the game safe.
March Town United Reserves were beaten 2-1 by Burwell Swifts at the GER.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre