March Town United pick up scrappy victory as impressive away form continues
Ridgeons First Division: Cornard United 0 March Town United 1
THE Hares picked up their sixth away league victory on the bounce after edging-out bottom side Cornard United 1-0.
March needed an own goal in the second half to clinch victory during a scrappy encounter against the division’s whipping boys.
Captain Luke Pepper said: “The pitch was heavy, boggy and the game was scrappy without many real chances.
“A lot of people thought we might come here and thump Cornard after Swaffham beat them 7-0 last week but we had to really dig deep today.
You may also want to watch:
“The main thing however, is we picked up three vital points.”
It was also a good day for the Hares second-string who progressed to the quarter finals of the Junior Challenge Cup with a 2-1 victory over Bassingbourn.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
Stu Anderson and Lee White put March 2-0 up before the break and although the visitors pulled a goal back in the closing stages it was a comfortable victory for home side.
Phil White’s troops will host Cambourne Rovers in the last eight.