March Town United remain unbeaten after comprehensive away win
Ridgeons First Division: Ipswich Wanderers 0 March Town United 4
MARCH Town United continued their unbeaten start to the season with their second consecutive 4-0 away win at Ipswich Wanderers.
The Hares - under Jamie Weston - triumphed by the same scoreline in Suffolk last season and Brett Whaley’s impressive Hares enjoyed an equally comprehensive win today.
Centre-back and assistant manager Chris Lenton put March 1-0 up ahead of the break.
Wideman Ricki Goodale made it 2-0 before Stu Anderson’s second-half brace continued March’s fine start to the campaign. It was Anderson’s fifth goal of what is turning out to be a prolific season already for the in-form frontman.
You may also want to watch:
Whaley said: “It was our worst first-half performance of the season to be fair.
“We had a bit of a chat at the break and I’m pleased with how the lads reacted in the second half.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 8 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 9 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 10 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
“At 1-0 you’re always a little bit nervous because there’s a chance the opposition can score - be it a deflected shot - but the second goal was key. From then on we improved and it looked like we could score at will.
“You’d take a 4-0 away win every day but what’s pleasing for me is we’ve now only conceded one goal in three games and that was a 30-yard screamer (against Kirkley & Pakefield).
“Defensively we look solid, we’re scoring goals and although the football could be better it’s a happy mix to have.”
March have now picked up seven points from a possible nine this season and face Godmanchester Rovers - who they’ve already beaten 3-0 away this campaign - at the GER on Tuesday night.
The Hares then host Wisbech Town next Saturday in a mouth-watering FA Cup Fen derby.
• To find out how the Hares’ FA Cup opponents - Ridgeons Premier Division Wisbech Town - got on today click on the related link on this page.