March Town United Reserves finish season with thumping victory
TEENAGER Aidan Payne scored his first senior goal as March Town United Reserves finished their season in style with a 4-0 win over Bluntisham.
The Hares’ second string secured fourth place in the Cambs BIS Division 1B with the crushing win on Saturday.
Lee White grabbed his 27th goal of the season, with Mark Hampson and Ash Brand also on target for Chairman Phil White’s reserves.
The final victory of the campaign was followed by the club’s presentation night where strong centre-back Lee Day was handed the first team’s players’ player and the supporters’ player of the year awards.
Manager’s player of the year was reliable goalkeeper Lee Brooks, while Dan Sterna was named young player of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Striker Lee White sealed his prolific season for the second string by picking up both the reserve team players’ player and the manager’s player of the year awards. Trevor Welcher won club man of the year.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies