March Town United Reserves make it five wins out of five under chairman White
BIS League Division 1B: March Town United Reserves 3 Buckden 1
MARCH Town United Reserves made it five wins out five under chairman Phil White with a 3-1 win against Buckden on Saturday.
The Hares went 1-0 down inside the opening 15 minutes but rallied to continue their fine run of form that keeps them top of the BIS League Division 1B.
Andy Bryan equalised before the break but it was after the interval that White’s side really impressed.
Sean White drilled home a 20-yard free-kick to put March in front before full-back Joe Barnes made the game safe when he finished off a great team move by drilling home from a similar distance.
You may also want to watch:
White said: “First half we were awful really but we played much better after the break and created a few chances. Things are looking good.”
The first team, who didn’t have a game this weekend, travel to Ely City on Tuesday night for their Ridgeons League Challenge Cup First Round game.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 8 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 9 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 10 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
The Robins ply their trade one division higher than March’s first team but have been equally inconsistent this campaign.