March Town United Reserves make it five wins out of five under chairman White
BIS League Division 1B: March Town United Reserves 3 Buckden 1
MARCH Town United Reserves made it five wins out five under chairman Phil White with a 3-1 win against Buckden on Saturday.
The Hares went 1-0 down inside the opening 15 minutes but rallied to continue their fine run of form that keeps them top of the BIS League Division 1B.
Andy Bryan equalised before the break but it was after the interval that White’s side really impressed.
Sean White drilled home a 20-yard free-kick to put March in front before full-back Joe Barnes made the game safe when he finished off a great team move by drilling home from a similar distance.
White said: “First half we were awful really but we played much better after the break and created a few chances. Things are looking good.”
The first team, who didn’t have a game this weekend, travel to Ely City on Tuesday night for their Ridgeons League Challenge Cup First Round game.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
The Robins ply their trade one division higher than March’s first team but have been equally inconsistent this campaign.