March Town United Reserves make it five wins out of five under chairman White
BIS League Division 1B: March Town United Reserves 3 Buckden 1
MARCH Town United Reserves made it five wins out five under chairman Phil White with a 3-1 win against Buckden on Saturday.
The Hares went 1-0 down inside the opening 15 minutes but rallied to continue their fine run of form that keeps them top of the BIS League Division 1B.
Andy Bryan equalised before the break but it was after the interval that White’s side really impressed.
Sean White drilled home a 20-yard free-kick to put March in front before full-back Joe Barnes made the game safe when he finished off a great team move by drilling home from a similar distance.
You may also want to watch:
White said: “First half we were awful really but we played much better after the break and created a few chances. Things are looking good.”
The first team, who didn’t have a game this weekend, travel to Ely City on Tuesday night for their Ridgeons League Challenge Cup First Round game.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 8 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 9 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
- 10 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
The Robins ply their trade one division higher than March’s first team but have been equally inconsistent this campaign.