March Town United Reserves make it five wins out of five under chairman White
BIS League Division 1B: March Town United Reserves 3 Buckden 1
MARCH Town United Reserves made it five wins out five under chairman Phil White with a 3-1 win against Buckden on Saturday.
The Hares went 1-0 down inside the opening 15 minutes but rallied to continue their fine run of form that keeps them top of the BIS League Division 1B.
Andy Bryan equalised before the break but it was after the interval that White’s side really impressed.
Sean White drilled home a 20-yard free-kick to put March in front before full-back Joe Barnes made the game safe when he finished off a great team move by drilling home from a similar distance.
You may also want to watch:
White said: “First half we were awful really but we played much better after the break and created a few chances. Things are looking good.”
The first team, who didn’t have a game this weekend, travel to Ely City on Tuesday night for their Ridgeons League Challenge Cup First Round game.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 8 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
The Robins ply their trade one division higher than March’s first team but have been equally inconsistent this campaign.