March Town United return to winning ways against basement boys Stowmarket Town
Ridgeons First Division: March Town United 2 Stowmarket Town 1
MARCH Town United returned to winning ways with a 2-1 win over Ridgeons First Division basement boys Stowmarket Town today.
Brett Whaley’s Hares bounced back from consecutive defeats in the FA Cup and FA Vase to inflict Stowmarket to their sixth league defeat of the season.
Adam Rothery and Andy Wayte put March 2-0 ahead before half-time and even though the visitors pulled a goal back the Hares did enough to pick up their third league win of the season.
March return to league action when they travel to Brightlingsea Regent next Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
• To find out how Wisbech Town got on in their FA Cup game today click on the related link on this page.
• Paul Armitage has been announced as the new March Town United Reserve team boss. His assistants will be Gary and Lee White. Former reserve boss Mark Hammond - who joined the club from Soham Town Rangers in the summer - has become the club’s first team coach.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 4 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 9 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager