March Town United return to winning ways against basement boys Stowmarket Town
Ridgeons First Division: March Town United 2 Stowmarket Town 1
MARCH Town United returned to winning ways with a 2-1 win over Ridgeons First Division basement boys Stowmarket Town today.
Brett Whaley’s Hares bounced back from consecutive defeats in the FA Cup and FA Vase to inflict Stowmarket to their sixth league defeat of the season.
Adam Rothery and Andy Wayte put March 2-0 ahead before half-time and even though the visitors pulled a goal back the Hares did enough to pick up their third league win of the season.
March return to league action when they travel to Brightlingsea Regent next Saturday.
• To find out how Wisbech Town got on in their FA Cup game today click on the related link on this page.
• Paul Armitage has been announced as the new March Town United Reserve team boss. His assistants will be Gary and Lee White. Former reserve boss Mark Hammond - who joined the club from Soham Town Rangers in the summer - has become the club’s first team coach.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks