March Town United return to winning ways against basement boys Stowmarket Town
Ridgeons First Division: March Town United 2 Stowmarket Town 1
MARCH Town United returned to winning ways with a 2-1 win over Ridgeons First Division basement boys Stowmarket Town today.
Brett Whaley’s Hares bounced back from consecutive defeats in the FA Cup and FA Vase to inflict Stowmarket to their sixth league defeat of the season.
Adam Rothery and Andy Wayte put March 2-0 ahead before half-time and even though the visitors pulled a goal back the Hares did enough to pick up their third league win of the season.
March return to league action when they travel to Brightlingsea Regent next Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
• To find out how Wisbech Town got on in their FA Cup game today click on the related link on this page.
• Paul Armitage has been announced as the new March Town United Reserve team boss. His assistants will be Gary and Lee White. Former reserve boss Mark Hammond - who joined the club from Soham Town Rangers in the summer - has become the club’s first team coach.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris