March Town United return to winning ways against basement boys Stowmarket Town
Ridgeons First Division: March Town United 2 Stowmarket Town 1
MARCH Town United returned to winning ways with a 2-1 win over Ridgeons First Division basement boys Stowmarket Town today.
Brett Whaley’s Hares bounced back from consecutive defeats in the FA Cup and FA Vase to inflict Stowmarket to their sixth league defeat of the season.
Adam Rothery and Andy Wayte put March 2-0 ahead before half-time and even though the visitors pulled a goal back the Hares did enough to pick up their third league win of the season.
March return to league action when they travel to Brightlingsea Regent next Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
• To find out how Wisbech Town got on in their FA Cup game today click on the related link on this page.
• Paul Armitage has been announced as the new March Town United Reserve team boss. His assistants will be Gary and Lee White. Former reserve boss Mark Hammond - who joined the club from Soham Town Rangers in the summer - has become the club’s first team coach.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 6 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’