March Town United slump to heavy defeat as miserable run continues
Ridgeons First Division: March Town United 1 Diss Town 6
MARCH Town United crashed to their heaviest defeat of the season as they were thumped 6-1 by Diss Town.
The thrashing is the Hares’ third consecutive defeat and deals a huge blow to their hopes of a top six finish in the Ridgeons First Division.
Things had started brightly for March as Juliano Gomes De Menezes put them in front at the GER.
But fourth-placed Diss quickly found a foothold in the game, cruising into a 3-1 lead at half time and then completing the rout with three second-half strikes.
Captain Luke Pepper said: “We were just bad all afternoon to be honest. We lacked both heart and quality. It really is frustrating to see us so inconsistent at the moment. We just don’t look confident.
“There are always days when you’re going to get beat but we had nothing about us today. As soon as they got ahead that was it - we never threatened their lead.”
- 1 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 2 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 3 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 4 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 5 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 6 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 7 Have you seen Harry Gibson? He's wanted by police
- 8 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
March will hope for a change in fortunes when they travel to Gorleston next Saturday.