March Town United slump to heavy defeat as miserable run continues
Ridgeons First Division: March Town United 1 Diss Town 6
MARCH Town United crashed to their heaviest defeat of the season as they were thumped 6-1 by Diss Town.
The thrashing is the Hares’ third consecutive defeat and deals a huge blow to their hopes of a top six finish in the Ridgeons First Division.
Things had started brightly for March as Juliano Gomes De Menezes put them in front at the GER.
But fourth-placed Diss quickly found a foothold in the game, cruising into a 3-1 lead at half time and then completing the rout with three second-half strikes.
Captain Luke Pepper said: “We were just bad all afternoon to be honest. We lacked both heart and quality. It really is frustrating to see us so inconsistent at the moment. We just don’t look confident.
“There are always days when you’re going to get beat but we had nothing about us today. As soon as they got ahead that was it - we never threatened their lead.”
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
March will hope for a change in fortunes when they travel to Gorleston next Saturday.