March Town United slump to heavy defeat as miserable run continues
Ridgeons First Division: March Town United 1 Diss Town 6
MARCH Town United crashed to their heaviest defeat of the season as they were thumped 6-1 by Diss Town.
The thrashing is the Hares’ third consecutive defeat and deals a huge blow to their hopes of a top six finish in the Ridgeons First Division.
Things had started brightly for March as Juliano Gomes De Menezes put them in front at the GER.
But fourth-placed Diss quickly found a foothold in the game, cruising into a 3-1 lead at half time and then completing the rout with three second-half strikes.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Luke Pepper said: “We were just bad all afternoon to be honest. We lacked both heart and quality. It really is frustrating to see us so inconsistent at the moment. We just don’t look confident.
“There are always days when you’re going to get beat but we had nothing about us today. As soon as they got ahead that was it - we never threatened their lead.”
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 6 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 7 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 8 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 9 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
March will hope for a change in fortunes when they travel to Gorleston next Saturday.