March Town United slump to heavy defeat as miserable run continues
Ridgeons First Division: March Town United 1 Diss Town 6
MARCH Town United crashed to their heaviest defeat of the season as they were thumped 6-1 by Diss Town.
The thrashing is the Hares’ third consecutive defeat and deals a huge blow to their hopes of a top six finish in the Ridgeons First Division.
Things had started brightly for March as Juliano Gomes De Menezes put them in front at the GER.
But fourth-placed Diss quickly found a foothold in the game, cruising into a 3-1 lead at half time and then completing the rout with three second-half strikes.
You may also want to watch:
Captain Luke Pepper said: “We were just bad all afternoon to be honest. We lacked both heart and quality. It really is frustrating to see us so inconsistent at the moment. We just don’t look confident.
“There are always days when you’re going to get beat but we had nothing about us today. As soon as they got ahead that was it - we never threatened their lead.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
March will hope for a change in fortunes when they travel to Gorleston next Saturday.