March Town United suffer Pepper injury blow ahead of crunch weekend clash
MARCH Town United’s influential skipper Luke Pepper is doubtful for the Hares’ vital clash with high-flying Diss Town on Saturday.
March will be gunning for their seventh consecutive league win away from the GER as they try to avenge the 6-1 thrashing that they suffered against the Norfolk outfit earlier in the season.
But they could be without top-scorer Pepper after he picked up a knee injury in the reserves’ 1-0 loss to Somersham Town Reserves on Saturday - a defeat which saw March’s second string knocked off the top of the BIS League Division 1B table.
Manager Jamie Weston said Pepper would be unlikely to feature at the weekend and could also be doubtful for the Hares’ re-arranged league fixture with Team Bury on Tuesday.
“It’s a massive blow because he has been excellent for us,” said Weston, whose troops have lost just once since they capitulated against Diss in November.
You may also want to watch:
“It will be a big miss but we are stronger than we were at the start of the season and we have got better strength in depth. We have still got enough to go and beat them.
“We are coming in to an important time. If we can come out of the next five or six games well then we will be right in it.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 4 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 5 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 8 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
“I still think that going forward we haven’t hit top form yet. If Denny (Escorcio) and Ash (Brand) click then it could be key for us.
“Our best way to play is with that attacking mindset. We are as good as anyone on our day and there’s no reason why we can’t win this game.”