Time trial honours at stake for March newcomers
- Credit: March Triathlon Club
Two members battled it out for time trial (TT) honours at a 25-mile event over the weekend.
Luke Dolby and Aaron Godden, new to TTs, took on the Fenland Clarion Culip Cup event at Conington near Peterborough on September 5.
The majority of the route is on the older section of the A1 alongside the current section, and forms a road with a series of 10 roundabouts for riders to navigate.
Luke and Aaron, new to TT action, completed the course in 1:06:28 and 1:12:10 respectively, averaging speeds of over 23mph.
This Sunday, March Triathlon Club’s GOtri event takes place at the George Campbell Leisure Centre on City Road for beginners.
The event starts at 10am where participants can swim from 150-300 metres, complete a 30-40-minute spin bike exercise and a short run around West End Park.
It is £10 to enter with 75 per cent of proceeds going to charity, and a certificate will be awarded to those who finish the event.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 8 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
The club meets every Tuesday evening for a weekly swim session and hopes to have athletes competing in most weekend events during the 2022 season.
For more details, email Martyn Lancaster at: Marchtriathlonclub@gmx.co.uk.