Time trial honours at stake for March newcomers
- Credit: March Triathlon Club
Two members battled it out for time trial (TT) honours at a 25-mile event over the weekend.
Luke Dolby and Aaron Godden, new to TTs, took on the Fenland Clarion Culip Cup event at Conington near Peterborough on September 5.
The majority of the route is on the older section of the A1 alongside the current section, and forms a road with a series of 10 roundabouts for riders to navigate.
Luke and Aaron, new to TT action, completed the course in 1:06:28 and 1:12:10 respectively, averaging speeds of over 23mph.
This Sunday, March Triathlon Club’s GOtri event takes place at the George Campbell Leisure Centre on City Road for beginners.
The event starts at 10am where participants can swim from 150-300 metres, complete a 30-40-minute spin bike exercise and a short run around West End Park.
It is £10 to enter with 75 per cent of proceeds going to charity, and a certificate will be awarded to those who finish the event.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 5 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 6 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 7 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 8 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 9 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 10 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
The club meets every Tuesday evening for a weekly swim session and hopes to have athletes competing in most weekend events during the 2022 season.
For more details, email Martyn Lancaster at: Marchtriathlonclub@gmx.co.uk.