March trio do their county proud at National EBF and EWBF outdoor finals
- Credit: Archant
Three of March Town Bowls Club’s finest bowlers donned their county colours and clinched the national crown at the National EBF and EWBF outdoor finals in Skegness.
Alan Newbold, Sandra Chandler and Mick Carter took the Mixed Rinks honours representing North Cambridgeshire after a dominant performance over local rivals, Huntingdonshire.
They beat Suffolk and Norfolk on their way to the final, which they won 20-13.
Tony Harley also had a good tournament, reaching the semi-finals of the men’s senior singles.
The March bowler beat Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire on the way to the semi-finals, before being pipped 21-19 by losing finalist, Derbyshire.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Newbold was also in pairs action with club mate Mick Carter, but the duo lost 17-12 to Nottinghamshire.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
- 10 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary