March trio do their county proud at National EBF and EWBF outdoor finals
- Credit: Archant
Three of March Town Bowls Club’s finest bowlers donned their county colours and clinched the national crown at the National EBF and EWBF outdoor finals in Skegness.
Alan Newbold, Sandra Chandler and Mick Carter took the Mixed Rinks honours representing North Cambridgeshire after a dominant performance over local rivals, Huntingdonshire.
They beat Suffolk and Norfolk on their way to the final, which they won 20-13.
Tony Harley also had a good tournament, reaching the semi-finals of the men’s senior singles.
The March bowler beat Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire on the way to the semi-finals, before being pipped 21-19 by losing finalist, Derbyshire.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Newbold was also in pairs action with club mate Mick Carter, but the duo lost 17-12 to Nottinghamshire.
- 1 Jail for man who broke partner’s nose and intimidated witness
- 2 Slimmer crowned 'greatest loser' after dropping four stone
- 3 Two mystery sinkholes appear across town during scorching weekend
- 4 Thunderstorms set to hit Cambs after hot intense weekend
- 5 Katie Price mistakes BBC Look East presenter for Natalie Cassidy
- 6 Litter pickers find stolen handbag snatched from shopper last year
- 7 Prepare to be ‘as horrified as I was’ says former audit chair
- 8 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 9 Bombshell result in village polls leaves 115 homes plan in doubt
- 10 Walking tours, open days and exhibitions to 'celebrate the Fens'