MARTIAL ARTS: March Pro Martial Arts School fighters excel in European championships
- Credit: Archant
Martial arts talents from March will be hoping for success on the international stage later this year after excelling in a European competition.
Four Pro Martial Arts School fighters – Paige Harris, Claire Schlie, Stuart Harris and club instructor Michael Davison - have had confirmation that they have been picked to represent Team England at the World Championships in Dublin this October.
That news follows the group’s success at the WMO European Kickboxing tournament held in Rugby this week.
Paige claimed silver in the girls 13-15 years under 55kgs, as did Claire, who took part in the ladies over 39kg category.
Stuart also scooped silver in the men’s 35+ years over 85kg and Michael bagged bronze in the same category.
You may also want to watch:
March Pro Am Martial Arts School fighters have been in fine form this year, bringing home a haul of 16 medals from the Pro Martial Arts Championships in Grantham last October.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million