MARTIAL ARTS: March Pro Martial Arts School fighters excel in European championships
- Credit: Archant
Martial arts talents from March will be hoping for success on the international stage later this year after excelling in a European competition.
Four Pro Martial Arts School fighters – Paige Harris, Claire Schlie, Stuart Harris and club instructor Michael Davison - have had confirmation that they have been picked to represent Team England at the World Championships in Dublin this October.
That news follows the group’s success at the WMO European Kickboxing tournament held in Rugby this week.
Paige claimed silver in the girls 13-15 years under 55kgs, as did Claire, who took part in the ladies over 39kg category.
Stuart also scooped silver in the men’s 35+ years over 85kg and Michael bagged bronze in the same category.
You may also want to watch:
March Pro Am Martial Arts School fighters have been in fine form this year, bringing home a haul of 16 medals from the Pro Martial Arts Championships in Grantham last October.
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 5 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 10 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan