Martial arts stars toast memorable season at BCKA presentation night
FIGHTERS celebrated a memorable season as the British and Chinese Kickboxing Association held their presentation night.
The martial arts club, which holds training sessions across Fenland, presented international stars Marco Broccoli, Grant Brown, Courtney Brown and Jack Bristowe with certificates for representing England at this year’s Irish Open.
Broccoli, Bristowe and Courtney and Grant Brown also bagged merit awards alongside Ritchie Walton, Aaron Godden, Karl Strange and Harry Nunn.
Bristowe was named young martial artist of the year while 16-year-old British champion Courtney Brown collected his second degree black belt in kickboxing.
Wendy Whitwell, Charlene Lomas and Alan Johnson received certificates for 10 years of service to the BCKA.
You may also want to watch:
Coach Andy Whitwell was also amongst the honours, receiving his fifth degree black belt in kickboxing.
Whitwell, one of the highest-graded martial artists in the region, said: “I am very pleased with the effort and commitment given by the students and instructors.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 8 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
“Having such quality within the club makes my job very easy, they are all a pleasure to work with.”
For more details on the BCKA visit www.bcka-peterborough.co.uk or contact Whitwell on 07969792286.