Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams edged out in thrilling BDO World Championship final
- Credit: Archant
Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams came agonisingly close to winning his fourth BDO World Championship last night.
The 2007, 2010 and 2011 champion was pipped 7-6 by Scott Mitchell in a thriller at the Lakeside.
Playing in his fifth final, the 58 year-old lost the first set but won six of the next eight legs to go 2-1 up.
The next three sets went with the darts before the pair exchanged breaks in the next five.
Mitchell missed four darts to go 5-3 ahead and Adams levelled at 4-4.
Mitchell went 6-5 up but Adams showed his resilience to force a deciding set. However, Mitchell, helped by a checkout of 158 in the first leg, landed double top to clinch the title.
Speaking after the epic contest, Adams said: “It wasn’t too shabby, was it? I could have played better early on, but that’s the way darts goes.
- 1 Recap: Main road through Wisbech town centre shut after serious crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire zoo 'devastated' following death of white Bengal tiger
- 3 Fenland Farmers Tractor Run 2022 to raise money for MAGPAS
- 4 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 7 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 8 Drink-drivers banned off the roads after being caught in March and Wisbech
- 9 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 10 First episode of tractor TV show features farmer in Cambridgeshire
“Fair play to Scotty, he beat me. He ain’t a bad old lad for a farmer’s boy. This is the greatest crowd I’ve ever come across.”