Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams edged out in thrilling BDO World Championship final
- Credit: Archant
Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams came agonisingly close to winning his fourth BDO World Championship last night.
The 2007, 2010 and 2011 champion was pipped 7-6 by Scott Mitchell in a thriller at the Lakeside.
Playing in his fifth final, the 58 year-old lost the first set but won six of the next eight legs to go 2-1 up.
The next three sets went with the darts before the pair exchanged breaks in the next five.
Mitchell missed four darts to go 5-3 ahead and Adams levelled at 4-4.
You may also want to watch:
Mitchell went 6-5 up but Adams showed his resilience to force a deciding set. However, Mitchell, helped by a checkout of 158 in the first leg, landed double top to clinch the title.
Speaking after the epic contest, Adams said: “It wasn’t too shabby, was it? I could have played better early on, but that’s the way darts goes.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
“Fair play to Scotty, he beat me. He ain’t a bad old lad for a farmer’s boy. This is the greatest crowd I’ve ever come across.”