Marvellous Marlins swim to six-trophy success at COPS Mini-meet
- Credit: Archant
March Marlins’ young swimmers made waves at the final round of the COPS Mini-meet competition by taking home six trophies.
Over the competition’s four meets on Saturday, 15 of the club’s swimmers bagged 88 personal bests, with 10 championship records.
After all the points were tallied up, the club secured six trophies thanks to impressive performances from sisters Jessica and Charlotte Shaw, Millie Pearce, Jack Dawson, Archie Stewart, Aiden Gray and Tyler Harvey.
The club’s success followed another weekend of victories at the Junior Fenland League in Newmarket.
The Marlins finished in second place overall, achieving 21 personal bests in 44 races.
You may also want to watch:
On the same weekend, Jessica and Charlotte Shaw, Millie Pearce and Georgia Ambrose claimed nine top-three places and a further 19 personal bests at the April Open Meet in Cambridge.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite