Marvellous Marlins swim to six-trophy success at COPS Mini-meet
- Credit: Archant
March Marlins’ young swimmers made waves at the final round of the COPS Mini-meet competition by taking home six trophies.
Over the competition’s four meets on Saturday, 15 of the club’s swimmers bagged 88 personal bests, with 10 championship records.
After all the points were tallied up, the club secured six trophies thanks to impressive performances from sisters Jessica and Charlotte Shaw, Millie Pearce, Jack Dawson, Archie Stewart, Aiden Gray and Tyler Harvey.
The club’s success followed another weekend of victories at the Junior Fenland League in Newmarket.
The Marlins finished in second place overall, achieving 21 personal bests in 44 races.
You may also want to watch:
On the same weekend, Jessica and Charlotte Shaw, Millie Pearce and Georgia Ambrose claimed nine top-three places and a further 19 personal bests at the April Open Meet in Cambridge.
- 1 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home