Marvellous Marlins swim to six-trophy success at COPS Mini-meet
- Credit: Archant
March Marlins’ young swimmers made waves at the final round of the COPS Mini-meet competition by taking home six trophies.
Over the competition’s four meets on Saturday, 15 of the club’s swimmers bagged 88 personal bests, with 10 championship records.
After all the points were tallied up, the club secured six trophies thanks to impressive performances from sisters Jessica and Charlotte Shaw, Millie Pearce, Jack Dawson, Archie Stewart, Aiden Gray and Tyler Harvey.
The club’s success followed another weekend of victories at the Junior Fenland League in Newmarket.
The Marlins finished in second place overall, achieving 21 personal bests in 44 races.
You may also want to watch:
On the same weekend, Jessica and Charlotte Shaw, Millie Pearce and Georgia Ambrose claimed nine top-three places and a further 19 personal bests at the April Open Meet in Cambridge.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site