Marvellous Marlins swim to six-trophy success at COPS Mini-meet
- Credit: Archant
March Marlins’ young swimmers made waves at the final round of the COPS Mini-meet competition by taking home six trophies.
Over the competition’s four meets on Saturday, 15 of the club’s swimmers bagged 88 personal bests, with 10 championship records.
After all the points were tallied up, the club secured six trophies thanks to impressive performances from sisters Jessica and Charlotte Shaw, Millie Pearce, Jack Dawson, Archie Stewart, Aiden Gray and Tyler Harvey.
The club’s success followed another weekend of victories at the Junior Fenland League in Newmarket.
The Marlins finished in second place overall, achieving 21 personal bests in 44 races.
On the same weekend, Jessica and Charlotte Shaw, Millie Pearce and Georgia Ambrose claimed nine top-three places and a further 19 personal bests at the April Open Meet in Cambridge.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 3 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 4 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 5 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Rachael takes bronze at national hairdressing competition
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Primary school plans for new town take step forward