Match of the Day pundit and Liverpool legend Mark Lawrenson meets Fenland team
FAIR play did win the day for March Soccer School Under-8s after they were awarded a special prize at Butlins’ Festival of Football in Skegness.
The side, managed by Steve Wilson, lost five and drew one of their six matches at the event but were presented with the fair play award for their exemplary attitude throughout.
Joanne Kent, mother of the team’s Lewis, said: “It really was a lovely surprise.
“They had such a fantastic weekend and kept smiling throughout even when the results weren’t going their way. I’m so proud of them all for how they handled themselves on and off the field of play.”
The delighted team were given their fair play trophies by Liverpool legend and Match of the Day pundit Mark Lawrenson at the festival’s presentation evening.
You may also want to watch:
Back row, from left: Stuart Woods (assistant), Liverpool legend Mark Lawrenson and Steve Wilson (manager) join Lewis, David, Riley, James, Rebecca, Robert and Samuel as they proudly show off their fair play award trophies
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash