Match of the Day pundit and Liverpool legend Mark Lawrenson meets Fenland team
FAIR play did win the day for March Soccer School Under-8s after they were awarded a special prize at Butlins’ Festival of Football in Skegness.
The side, managed by Steve Wilson, lost five and drew one of their six matches at the event but were presented with the fair play award for their exemplary attitude throughout.
Joanne Kent, mother of the team’s Lewis, said: “It really was a lovely surprise.
“They had such a fantastic weekend and kept smiling throughout even when the results weren’t going their way. I’m so proud of them all for how they handled themselves on and off the field of play.”
The delighted team were given their fair play trophies by Liverpool legend and Match of the Day pundit Mark Lawrenson at the festival’s presentation evening.
You may also want to watch:
Back row, from left: Stuart Woods (assistant), Liverpool legend Mark Lawrenson and Steve Wilson (manager) join Lewis, David, Riley, James, Rebecca, Robert and Samuel as they proudly show off their fair play award trophies
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 7 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 8 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle