Matt’s masterclass earns him the title of March Squash Club champion once again
- Credit: Archant
March Squash Club star Matthew Fiveash is celebrating once again after being crowned club champion.
Fiveash took on clubmate Avi Warren in the final of the club tournament last month and lifted the title after three enthralling games.
Warren began the contest well, putting in work to the legs of his opponent but Fiveash showcased his quality to seal the first game.
Fiveash’s experience was evident in the second game as he dictated proceedings in the second game, clinching the win after only a short time on the court.
The former March Squash Club champion was crowned again when he edged the final game after a nail-biting tiebreak.
You may also want to watch:
Gary White and Tim Fitches were also in action in the Plate Final in a rematch of last year’s final, and Tim was able to get his revenge and seal a 3-2 success.
The Handicap competition was won by Nick Pooley who took a 2-0 victory over Gary White, and he returned to the court to beat Chris Parsons 3-2 in the third place play-off.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash