Matt’s masterclass earns him the title of March Squash Club champion once again
- Credit: Archant
March Squash Club star Matthew Fiveash is celebrating once again after being crowned club champion.
Fiveash took on clubmate Avi Warren in the final of the club tournament last month and lifted the title after three enthralling games.
Warren began the contest well, putting in work to the legs of his opponent but Fiveash showcased his quality to seal the first game.
Fiveash’s experience was evident in the second game as he dictated proceedings in the second game, clinching the win after only a short time on the court.
The former March Squash Club champion was crowned again when he edged the final game after a nail-biting tiebreak.
You may also want to watch:
Gary White and Tim Fitches were also in action in the Plate Final in a rematch of last year’s final, and Tim was able to get his revenge and seal a 3-2 success.
The Handicap competition was won by Nick Pooley who took a 2-0 victory over Gary White, and he returned to the court to beat Chris Parsons 3-2 in the third place play-off.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite