NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Captain and ‘leader’ Max Mattless commits to March Town again
- Credit: Archant
Captain Max Mattless has committed his future to March Town.
Boss Brett Whaley is delighted to retain the services of his skipper as part of a summer rebuild for the new Thurlow Nunn League First Division season.
“Max is dominant in the air and comfortable with the ball at his feet,” said Whaley. “They are the things I always look for in a centre back.
“But he is not just a good player. He is a leader on and off the field.
“He is settled at the club and wants to be part of what will hopefully be a bright future here.”
You may also want to watch:
Mattless joins fellow defenders Stu Porter, Shaun White and David Jackson in staying on at the GER. Midfield men Jack Rawson, Aiden Hollis and Ben Matthews, and strikers Toby Allen and Casey Logan are also part of next season’s squad.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party