NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Captain and ‘leader’ Max Mattless commits to March Town again
- Credit: Archant
Captain Max Mattless has committed his future to March Town.
Boss Brett Whaley is delighted to retain the services of his skipper as part of a summer rebuild for the new Thurlow Nunn League First Division season.
“Max is dominant in the air and comfortable with the ball at his feet,” said Whaley. “They are the things I always look for in a centre back.
“But he is not just a good player. He is a leader on and off the field.
“He is settled at the club and wants to be part of what will hopefully be a bright future here.”
Mattless joins fellow defenders Stu Porter, Shaun White and David Jackson in staying on at the GER. Midfield men Jack Rawson, Aiden Hollis and Ben Matthews, and strikers Toby Allen and Casey Logan are also part of next season’s squad.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild