Mel Mattless to continue as March Town boss next season after Hares impressively defeat Diss Town
- Credit: Archant
March Town have confirmed that Mel Mattless and Roy Brand will continue as the Hares’ managerial team next season after the duo guided them to an impressive 1-0 success over Diss Town on Saturday.
The club announced yesterday (January 22) that the former Wisbech Town Reserves pair will continue at the helm after Rob Conyard’s late strike gave the Hares all three points at the GER.
A club statement said: “Since taking over they have led the Hares to 16 points out of the 28 we have amassed so far.
“This includes two clean sheets in two games; the first time since early April.
“Hopefully they can help push the first team further up the table with a strong finish.”
Conyard’s goal means that the Hares are unbeaten in their last three matches in the Thurlow Nunn First Division. They have also kept two clean sheets during that period.
The Hares return to action on Saturday (28) when they travel to Stowmarket Town (3pm).
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 3 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 6 Missing woman back home
- 7 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 8 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 9 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told