Chatteris Town’s ground improvements helped by £15,000 Mick George grant
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town’s rise in local football took another big step forward recently thanks to Mick George.
Over the last few years the Lilies have been looking to match their achievements on the pitch by upgrading their West Street base - and Mick George lent a hand recently with a £15,842 grant.
That hefty sum has been spent on relaying the ground’s driveway and installing new furnishings and fire alarms in its clubhouse.
Lester Kent, director at Chatteris Town, said: “The transformation has been incredible. No longer are first impressions of a depressing nature, they’re now much more positive.
“The local community now has a clean, bright and appealing location that can be used as a social facility.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re now even hosting pilates classes, company meetings and parties. On behalf of all connected with the club, we’d like to thank Mick George for their generosity.”
Chatteris have expressed their gratitude by renaming the club’s seated stand after the company.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 8 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
- 9 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 10 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George said: “Given that we specialise in the groundworks and aggregates field, we were more than happy to assist.”