Chatteris Town’s ground improvements helped by £15,000 Mick George grant
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town’s rise in local football took another big step forward recently thanks to Mick George.
Over the last few years the Lilies have been looking to match their achievements on the pitch by upgrading their West Street base - and Mick George lent a hand recently with a £15,842 grant.
That hefty sum has been spent on relaying the ground’s driveway and installing new furnishings and fire alarms in its clubhouse.
Lester Kent, director at Chatteris Town, said: “The transformation has been incredible. No longer are first impressions of a depressing nature, they’re now much more positive.
“The local community now has a clean, bright and appealing location that can be used as a social facility.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re now even hosting pilates classes, company meetings and parties. On behalf of all connected with the club, we’d like to thank Mick George for their generosity.”
Chatteris have expressed their gratitude by renaming the club’s seated stand after the company.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George said: “Given that we specialise in the groundworks and aggregates field, we were more than happy to assist.”