Chatteris Town’s ground improvements helped by £15,000 Mick George grant
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town’s rise in local football took another big step forward recently thanks to Mick George.
Over the last few years the Lilies have been looking to match their achievements on the pitch by upgrading their West Street base - and Mick George lent a hand recently with a £15,842 grant.
That hefty sum has been spent on relaying the ground’s driveway and installing new furnishings and fire alarms in its clubhouse.
Lester Kent, director at Chatteris Town, said: “The transformation has been incredible. No longer are first impressions of a depressing nature, they’re now much more positive.
“The local community now has a clean, bright and appealing location that can be used as a social facility.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re now even hosting pilates classes, company meetings and parties. On behalf of all connected with the club, we’d like to thank Mick George for their generosity.”
Chatteris have expressed their gratitude by renaming the club’s seated stand after the company.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 9 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
Jon Stump, finance director at Mick George said: “Given that we specialise in the groundworks and aggregates field, we were more than happy to assist.”