Milestone for Eileen and Pam at March Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
Twenty-one golfers competed in March Golf Club ladies’ section’s first Autumn meeting.
Shona Kent, ladies captain, said: “It was really nice to have such a sociable competition with the ladies bringing delicious desserts afterwards and we raised £70 for my charity, The Alzheimer’s Society.”
The Stableford competition began with a shotgun start and was won by Emma Norman, second place was Pam Hawes, third Brenda Softley.
Nearest the pin winners were Margaret Butt and Ros Humphrey and Jean McAuliffe took the prize for the straightest drive on the 8th.
Two members were presented with a picture of the golf club to commemorate their long standing membership. Pam Wallis and Eileen Clapham have been members at the club for over 50 years and have each played an active role over the years. Eileen is the club’s president.
You may also want to watch:
1. Seniors 2.5 v Ryston Park Seniors 3.5 [home] S/Bridge Team: Richard Titchener and Rick Morley W 2 and 1; Don Robinson and Keith Robinson L 7 and 6; Harold Shingleton and Charlie Wayling L 3 and 2; Roger Williamson and Roy Amos A/S; Norman Davis and Mervyn Williamson W 4 and 2; Mike Bell and Sid Everitt L 1 down.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
2. Ladies Fun Day: 1st. Janet Groves, Diane Wareham, & Judy Green 27 pts; 2nd. Sue Town, Diana Coe & Carole Whitelam 24 pts; 3rd = Alice Grant, Ann Cross & Chris Burrell 22 pts; Anne Clarke, Ann Davis & Carole Caney 22 pts. Putting competition: Anne Clarke 16 pts.
September Medal: 1st Neil Sargeant 70net; 2nd Carol Plume 76; 3rd David Lord 82 (acb).
September Medal: 1st Nicky Weller 69 net; 2nd Chris Bennett 72; 3rd Marilyn Sayer 85.
Ladies Club Championship: Gross - 1st Nicky Weller 76 (acb); 2nd Kim Markillie 76. Net - 1st Chris Bennett 77 (acb); 2nd Janet Davis 77.
TYDD ST GILES
Men’s Autumn Open
On Saturday September 5, Tydd St Giles GC organised their Annual autumn Open.
In total, 104 golfers from around the region took part in an individual medal competition. Tydd player Lee Smith came in with a net 64 to claim the winners trophy.
Results 1st overall Lee Smith with 76-12=64, 2nd Harry Bennett 87-22=65, 3rd Luke Rowell 72-5=67, division 1 winner Clive Barber 79-10=69, 2nd J King 81-10=71,3rd Steve Hart 84-12=72, 4th Andy Sleath 83-19=73, division 2 winner James Horscroft 83-16=67, 2nd Neil Capper 83-15=68, 3rd Brendon Docking 88-19=69, 4th Rob Simmonds 89-19=70, nearest the pin 4th hole Stuart Stirling, nearest the pin hole 8 James Horscroft, nerarest the pin hole 11 Neil Capper, nearest the pin 16th hole Andy Hicks, nearest the pin in 2 18th hole James Horscroft, Longest drive 13th hole Dean Wright.
Seniors Stableford vouchers competition Division 1 winner Mick Vassall 40 points, 2nd Lee Smith 38 points, 3rd Noel Bratt 37 points, division 2 winner Richard Martin 38 points, 2nd Garry Brown 37 points, 3rd Bob Mann 35 points, division 3 winner Salvatore DiBella 35 points, 2nd Derek Martin 34 points, 3rd David Longstaff-Hogg 33 points.