Molly’s star role at FA Cup final
A WHITTLESEY six-year-old is still savouring the moment she played a starring role in the Women s FA Cup final. Molly Martin was lucky enough to be selected as a mascot for Arsenal Ladies when they took on Charlton at Nottingham Forest s City Ground. In
A WHITTLESEY six-year-old is still savouring the moment she played a starring role in the Women's FA Cup final.
Molly Martin was lucky enough to be selected as a mascot for Arsenal Ladies when they took on Charlton at Nottingham Forest's City Ground.
In the spotlight of the BBC's Match of the Day cameras and with a fixture record crowd of 24,529 in attendance, the Park Lane Primary School student accompanied Arsenal striker Lianne Sanderson onto the pitch ahead of the Gunners' 4-1 victory.
Molly's mother, Louise said: "Molly thoroughly enjoyed the day and was given the kit she was wearing along with lots of souvenirs of the match.
"There was a great atmosphere and Molly enjoyed watching the match after her appearance on pitch.
"It was great to see her taking part in such an exciting event and the whole family loved it."
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 10 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
She added: "Molly was thrilled to be on Match of the Day and has watched our recording of the match many times since.