Molly’s star role at FA Cup final
A WHITTLESEY six-year-old is still savouring the moment she played a starring role in the Women s FA Cup final. Molly Martin was lucky enough to be selected as a mascot for Arsenal Ladies when they took on Charlton at Nottingham Forest s City Ground. In
A WHITTLESEY six-year-old is still savouring the moment she played a starring role in the Women's FA Cup final.
Molly Martin was lucky enough to be selected as a mascot for Arsenal Ladies when they took on Charlton at Nottingham Forest's City Ground.
In the spotlight of the BBC's Match of the Day cameras and with a fixture record crowd of 24,529 in attendance, the Park Lane Primary School student accompanied Arsenal striker Lianne Sanderson onto the pitch ahead of the Gunners' 4-1 victory.
Molly's mother, Louise said: "Molly thoroughly enjoyed the day and was given the kit she was wearing along with lots of souvenirs of the match.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a great atmosphere and Molly enjoyed watching the match after her appearance on pitch.
"It was great to see her taking part in such an exciting event and the whole family loved it."
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
She added: "Molly was thrilled to be on Match of the Day and has watched our recording of the match many times since.