Molly’s star role at FA Cup final
A WHITTLESEY six-year-old is still savouring the moment she played a starring role in the Women s FA Cup final. Molly Martin was lucky enough to be selected as a mascot for Arsenal Ladies when they took on Charlton at Nottingham Forest s City Ground. In
A WHITTLESEY six-year-old is still savouring the moment she played a starring role in the Women's FA Cup final.
Molly Martin was lucky enough to be selected as a mascot for Arsenal Ladies when they took on Charlton at Nottingham Forest's City Ground.
In the spotlight of the BBC's Match of the Day cameras and with a fixture record crowd of 24,529 in attendance, the Park Lane Primary School student accompanied Arsenal striker Lianne Sanderson onto the pitch ahead of the Gunners' 4-1 victory.
Molly's mother, Louise said: "Molly thoroughly enjoyed the day and was given the kit she was wearing along with lots of souvenirs of the match.
You may also want to watch:
"There was a great atmosphere and Molly enjoyed watching the match after her appearance on pitch.
"It was great to see her taking part in such an exciting event and the whole family loved it."
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 8 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
She added: "Molly was thrilled to be on Match of the Day and has watched our recording of the match many times since.