More national success for local football talent factory March Soccer School
- Credit: Archant
March Soccer School’s commitment to nurturing the town’s next fleet of upcoming sporting stars has been recognised after the club scooped a double whammy in the FA Community Awards.
The local school was awarded the county honour of FA Charter Standard Development Club of the Year and was also crowned the Regional Award of FA Charter Standard Development Club of the Year at an awards ceremony at Cambridge United’s Cambs Glass Stadium.
The FA Community Awards aim to recognise and reward people across the country that make a difference to grassroots football in their local community - the people who dedicate their time to developing tomorrow’s young talent and help ensure safety and best practice in clubs up and down the country.
The awards offer a chance to all those involved in grassroots football clubs and volunteers across the country in recognition of working above and beyond expectations, and March Soccer School secretary, Katie Conyard says the club is striving to get even better.
“It’s a tremendous honour and pride for everybody at March Soccer School as we are recognised for being one of the best grassroots clubs in the country,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“The hard work achieved by all will continue as will the passion to drive the club forward to develop and greater the success, develop the players, teams, coaches and volunteers and continue creating and adopting the ethos of fun and enjoyment for all.”
March Soccer School was founded in 1992 by current chairman and head coach Tony Russell.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
The club currently provides coaching to over 200 local youngsters and has 17 youth teams, from under 7s to under 18s.
For more information, email email@example.com or call 01354 651643, 07753 690393 or visit www.marchsoccerschool.co.uk.