Moulton Harrox 0 - 1 March Town United - Woods scores again
- Credit: Archant
March Town United manager Chris Bartlett is refusing to get carried away after his side picked up two impressive friendly wins.
Denny Escorcio, debutant Dan Woods (2), Tom Flatters and Ash Brand were on target as March won 5-1 at Oakham United on Saturday.
Yesterday, Woods made it three goals in two games as March, who were once again on the road, beat Moulton Harrox 1-0.
Bartlett said: “Dan Woods was playing against his old club so he got some roughing up but he handled it well and scored a nice header.
“What’s more encouraging than the past two results have been the performances. We have been working on being more solid and pressing the ball and we are starting to do that better.
You may also want to watch:
“The players are buying into the system and are getting to know each other. However, while we have made progress in the past week, we are still a long way short of where we need to be.
“I was keen not to overreact after the Peterborough ICA game (March lost 8-1) so I’m not going to overreact after the last two results.”
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Bartlett hopes to tie up the signing of left back Jordan Fiddes, who played against Moulton, from Peterborough ICA Sports this week.
The Hares host Pinchbeck United in their next pre-season game on Saturday at 3pm.