Moulton Harrox 0 - 1 March Town United - Woods scores again
- Credit: Archant
March Town United manager Chris Bartlett is refusing to get carried away after his side picked up two impressive friendly wins.
Denny Escorcio, debutant Dan Woods (2), Tom Flatters and Ash Brand were on target as March won 5-1 at Oakham United on Saturday.
Yesterday, Woods made it three goals in two games as March, who were once again on the road, beat Moulton Harrox 1-0.
Bartlett said: “Dan Woods was playing against his old club so he got some roughing up but he handled it well and scored a nice header.
“What’s more encouraging than the past two results have been the performances. We have been working on being more solid and pressing the ball and we are starting to do that better.
“The players are buying into the system and are getting to know each other. However, while we have made progress in the past week, we are still a long way short of where we need to be.
“I was keen not to overreact after the Peterborough ICA game (March lost 8-1) so I’m not going to overreact after the last two results.”
- 1 Farmer wins appeal to convert derelict barn into a house
- 2 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 3 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 4 Council to spend a penny or two from £8.4m 'pot' on new loos
- 5 Man set to stand trial accused of teen daughter's murder
- 6 56-bed care home backers revise access proposals
- 7 Two suffer serious injuries after A10 crash
- 8 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 9 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 10 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
Bartlett hopes to tie up the signing of left back Jordan Fiddes, who played against Moulton, from Peterborough ICA Sports this week.
The Hares host Pinchbeck United in their next pre-season game on Saturday at 3pm.