Moulton Harrox 0 - 1 March Town United - Woods scores again
- Credit: Archant
March Town United manager Chris Bartlett is refusing to get carried away after his side picked up two impressive friendly wins.
Denny Escorcio, debutant Dan Woods (2), Tom Flatters and Ash Brand were on target as March won 5-1 at Oakham United on Saturday.
Yesterday, Woods made it three goals in two games as March, who were once again on the road, beat Moulton Harrox 1-0.
Bartlett said: “Dan Woods was playing against his old club so he got some roughing up but he handled it well and scored a nice header.
“What’s more encouraging than the past two results have been the performances. We have been working on being more solid and pressing the ball and we are starting to do that better.
You may also want to watch:
“The players are buying into the system and are getting to know each other. However, while we have made progress in the past week, we are still a long way short of where we need to be.
“I was keen not to overreact after the Peterborough ICA game (March lost 8-1) so I’m not going to overreact after the last two results.”
- 1 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 2 Three stores evacuated after suspect 'bomb scare'
- 3 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 4 Police warn you may run but you can't hide from us
- 5 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 8 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 9 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
Bartlett hopes to tie up the signing of left back Jordan Fiddes, who played against Moulton, from Peterborough ICA Sports this week.
The Hares host Pinchbeck United in their next pre-season game on Saturday at 3pm.