MP takes ‘centre court’ as he makes an official opening of new facilities at Chatteris Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
MP Steve Barclay paid his second visit to Chatteris in two days – firstly to the opening of Jack’s supermarket and then to open some new tennis courts.
He was in the town on Saturday for what he described as a “centre court” appearance at Chatteris Tennis Club.
He officially opened two new courts and told players and supporters it was a club “going from strength to strength”.
He said: “With membership having doubled over the last two years the new courts will make a real difference.
“It is a pleasure to officially open them and if you live in Chatteris or nearby and fancy a game then do pop down.”
The club says it is “the only family friendly tennis club based in Chatteris” and welcomes players of all ages and abilities”.
On its Facebook page the club said: “Our inclusive Fenland tennis club now has four hard courts (two of which have floodlights), two clubhouses, successful competitive teams for both men and ladies, great friendly social tennis and a wonderful, varied and fun ‘off court’ social calendar.”
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 10 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
The club can be contacted through their Facebook page or their website.