MP takes ‘centre court’ as he makes an official opening of new facilities at Chatteris Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
MP Steve Barclay paid his second visit to Chatteris in two days – firstly to the opening of Jack’s supermarket and then to open some new tennis courts.
He was in the town on Saturday for what he described as a “centre court” appearance at Chatteris Tennis Club.
He officially opened two new courts and told players and supporters it was a club “going from strength to strength”.
He said: “With membership having doubled over the last two years the new courts will make a real difference.
“It is a pleasure to officially open them and if you live in Chatteris or nearby and fancy a game then do pop down.”
You may also want to watch:
The club says it is “the only family friendly tennis club based in Chatteris” and welcomes players of all ages and abilities”.
On its Facebook page the club said: “Our inclusive Fenland tennis club now has four hard courts (two of which have floodlights), two clubhouses, successful competitive teams for both men and ladies, great friendly social tennis and a wonderful, varied and fun ‘off court’ social calendar.”
- 1 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 2 New £1.5million Co-op store opens its doors – creating 12 local jobs
- 3 Arsonists strike again by setting fire to tyres
- 4 Dogs 'whining and crying' claims kennels objector
- 5 Two appear in court for murder after victim dies from 2006 assault
- 6 Three derelict cottages sell in auction for £122,000
- 7 Two charged with Wisbech murder
- 8 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 9 Couple's puzzle library raises £2,000 for foodbank
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
The club can be contacted through their Facebook page or their website.