MP takes ‘centre court’ as he makes an official opening of new facilities at Chatteris Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
MP Steve Barclay paid his second visit to Chatteris in two days – firstly to the opening of Jack’s supermarket and then to open some new tennis courts.
He was in the town on Saturday for what he described as a “centre court” appearance at Chatteris Tennis Club.
He officially opened two new courts and told players and supporters it was a club “going from strength to strength”.
He said: “With membership having doubled over the last two years the new courts will make a real difference.
“It is a pleasure to officially open them and if you live in Chatteris or nearby and fancy a game then do pop down.”
You may also want to watch:
The club says it is “the only family friendly tennis club based in Chatteris” and welcomes players of all ages and abilities”.
On its Facebook page the club said: “Our inclusive Fenland tennis club now has four hard courts (two of which have floodlights), two clubhouses, successful competitive teams for both men and ladies, great friendly social tennis and a wonderful, varied and fun ‘off court’ social calendar.”
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 7 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 8 Fenland BusFest is back in Whittlesey this weekend
- 9 Fens crime gang ‘boss’ jailed
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash
The club can be contacted through their Facebook page or their website.