Munns half century in vain as Chatteris lose season opener to Great Shelford
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris have received a boost after securing sponsorship from Tesco ... but the feel-good factor didn’t continue on the field.
In their first CCA Senior League Division One outing of the campaign, Chatteris lost by 42 runs to Great Shelford.
Steven Piper was the pick of the bowlers with 2-17 as Great Shelford posted 232-6.
In reply, Peter Munns made 59, and Ben Perry (27) and Matt Hollis (25) added some lower order runs, but Chatteris finished on 190-9.
In CCA Junior League 3N, Chatteris II made a winning start against Willingham, coming out on top by 98 runs.
Batting first, Chatteris II made 213-7. Top scorer was Connor Morton (60no), while Ben Chapman made 37.
The bowlers produced a strong collective effort - Michael Hill (3-34), Luke Parnell (2-3) and Kristian Brown (2-26) shared eight wickets, as Willingham were bowled out for 115.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 6 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 7 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 10 Farm shop's green light for outdoor seating and play area
In CCA Junior League 2N, Leverington beat Isleham by 67 runs.
Openers Simon Gilbert (65) and Will Rhodes (36) gave Leverington a good start before Mark Buttriss (47) helped them reach 207-8.
John Gill took 4-30, with Luke Wilson (3-33) and Lee Peck (2-40) also in the wickets, as Isleham were dismissed for 140.