Munns half century in vain as Chatteris lose season opener to Great Shelford
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris have received a boost after securing sponsorship from Tesco ... but the feel-good factor didn’t continue on the field.
In their first CCA Senior League Division One outing of the campaign, Chatteris lost by 42 runs to Great Shelford.
Steven Piper was the pick of the bowlers with 2-17 as Great Shelford posted 232-6.
In reply, Peter Munns made 59, and Ben Perry (27) and Matt Hollis (25) added some lower order runs, but Chatteris finished on 190-9.
In CCA Junior League 3N, Chatteris II made a winning start against Willingham, coming out on top by 98 runs.
You may also want to watch:
Batting first, Chatteris II made 213-7. Top scorer was Connor Morton (60no), while Ben Chapman made 37.
The bowlers produced a strong collective effort - Michael Hill (3-34), Luke Parnell (2-3) and Kristian Brown (2-26) shared eight wickets, as Willingham were bowled out for 115.
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 4 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 7 It's a family affair as planners consider five luxury homes
- 8 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 9 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 10 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
In CCA Junior League 2N, Leverington beat Isleham by 67 runs.
Openers Simon Gilbert (65) and Will Rhodes (36) gave Leverington a good start before Mark Buttriss (47) helped them reach 207-8.
John Gill took 4-30, with Luke Wilson (3-33) and Lee Peck (2-40) also in the wickets, as Isleham were dismissed for 140.