National champions Jordan Gill and Charlie Stevens bring boxing glory to Fenland
TEENAGE stars Jordan Gill and Charlie Stevens became Junior Amateur Boxing Association champions in a golden weekend for Fenland boxing.
The hard-hitting duo powered to victory in their final ABA bouts on Saturday.
Gill’s 42-24 points triumph over Razaq Najib saw him become the first Chatteris boxer to win a junior ABA championship.
It was a stylish end to the 17-year-old’s amateur career, as he prepares to turn professional with Sheffield’s Ingle Boxing in July.
Meanwhile, Stevens, from Upwell, outclassed Charlie Lee to claim his second consecutive ABA title.
You may also want to watch:
The 16-year-old powered to his latest prize five months after leaving March ABC to chase his Olympic dream with West Ham Boys ABC.
• FOR FULL REACTION TO FENLAND’S DOUBLE BOXING SUCCESS SEE FRIDAY’S PAPER.
- 1 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 2 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 5 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 6 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 7 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 8 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 9 Welcome relief as hairdresser back at care home
- 10 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision