National champions Jordan Gill and Charlie Stevens bring boxing glory to Fenland
TEENAGE stars Jordan Gill and Charlie Stevens became Junior Amateur Boxing Association champions in a golden weekend for Fenland boxing.
The hard-hitting duo powered to victory in their final ABA bouts on Saturday.
Gill’s 42-24 points triumph over Razaq Najib saw him become the first Chatteris boxer to win a junior ABA championship.
It was a stylish end to the 17-year-old’s amateur career, as he prepares to turn professional with Sheffield’s Ingle Boxing in July.
Meanwhile, Stevens, from Upwell, outclassed Charlie Lee to claim his second consecutive ABA title.
You may also want to watch:
The 16-year-old powered to his latest prize five months after leaving March ABC to chase his Olympic dream with West Ham Boys ABC.
• FOR FULL REACTION TO FENLAND’S DOUBLE BOXING SUCCESS SEE FRIDAY’S PAPER.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile