National champions Jordan Gill and Charlie Stevens bring boxing glory to Fenland
TEENAGE stars Jordan Gill and Charlie Stevens became Junior Amateur Boxing Association champions in a golden weekend for Fenland boxing.
The hard-hitting duo powered to victory in their final ABA bouts on Saturday.
Gill’s 42-24 points triumph over Razaq Najib saw him become the first Chatteris boxer to win a junior ABA championship.
It was a stylish end to the 17-year-old’s amateur career, as he prepares to turn professional with Sheffield’s Ingle Boxing in July.
Meanwhile, Stevens, from Upwell, outclassed Charlie Lee to claim his second consecutive ABA title.
You may also want to watch:
The 16-year-old powered to his latest prize five months after leaving March ABC to chase his Olympic dream with West Ham Boys ABC.
• FOR FULL REACTION TO FENLAND’S DOUBLE BOXING SUCCESS SEE FRIDAY’S PAPER.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 4 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 9 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 10 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home