FOOTBALL: Neale-Wade academy Year 7 girls’ 5-a-side takes on National Cup in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
On Friday March 9, the Year 7 girls took on Reepham High School from Norwich in 4th round of the National Cup.
They had previously come up against them at the indoor 5-a-side regional finals.
In the first half they played with the wind against them, which meant the defence had to work hard and follow through every clearance.
After 20 minutes, Reepham took the lead after a fantastic save by Peggy Thurlby ended in an unfortunate rebound.
Two minutes later, Neale Wade was desperate to get back on level terms.
You may also want to watch:
Keira Swanson made a fantastic run and passed the ball down the line to Amy Hunt where a cross was delivered perfectly for Millie Jolley to attack and score.
In the second half, Neale Wade worked as a team and individually performed to the best of their ability.
- 1 New offering can help 'encourage more participation in angling'
- 2 Businesses across the Fens reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 3 Lorry driver jailed for causing fatal A505 crash
- 4 ‘The Duke of Edinburgh’s security team wouldn’t let him ride our tandem...’
- 5 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 6 Council to report 'accumulations of tributes' to police
- 7 March Town mark long-awaited return with victory in double-header
- 8 More anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Ely
- 9 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 10 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
With some fantastic defending from the team and important blocks from Lois Lane, we were able to gain more possession and create some dangerous attacks.
Lois took a shot from the edge of the box which came off the post and went in off one of the opposition to make it 2-1 to Neale Wade.
Shortly after Keira made the lead comfortable and scored to make it 3-1.
As play continued, Millie Jolley continued to win loose balls and pass onto the runs of other players.
The final goal was score by Millie herself to make it finish 4-1.
The girls are now through to the 5th round of the National Cup - last 16 in the country.
The Woman of the Match was Millie Jolley