Netball round up: Rookies sides claim top two league spots in division one
- Credit: Archant
Rookies Netball Club now occupy the top two league positions in Wisbech Netball League Division One after the league’s latest round of fixtures on Wednesday night.
Rookies 2 and Rookies 3 played out a closely fought encounter, with Rookies 2 edging the tie 51-47 which saw them climb to first place in the division.
Kingfishers are rooted to the bottom of the league after a 30-0 defeat to Bassetts, and Whittlesey Warriors were 45-32 victors over Ladybirds 1.
In Divsion two, Jets maintained their 100% start to the league campaign with a 34-10 victory over Zodiax. Foxes 2 beat All Stars 1 to climb into second place, and All Stars 2 are still without a win this season after they were narrowly defeated 36-33 by Rookies 4.
In the third division, Fireflies and Foxes 4 continue to set the place and carried on their impressive form with wins over Foxes 3 and Ladybirds 2 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
All Stars 3 are yet to win this term and lost 24-14 to Shooting Stars, and Whittlesey Warriors claimed their second win of the season with a 16-11 win over Mustangs.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years