Netball round up: Rookies sides claim top two league spots in division one
- Credit: Archant
Rookies Netball Club now occupy the top two league positions in Wisbech Netball League Division One after the league’s latest round of fixtures on Wednesday night.
Rookies 2 and Rookies 3 played out a closely fought encounter, with Rookies 2 edging the tie 51-47 which saw them climb to first place in the division.
Kingfishers are rooted to the bottom of the league after a 30-0 defeat to Bassetts, and Whittlesey Warriors were 45-32 victors over Ladybirds 1.
In Divsion two, Jets maintained their 100% start to the league campaign with a 34-10 victory over Zodiax. Foxes 2 beat All Stars 1 to climb into second place, and All Stars 2 are still without a win this season after they were narrowly defeated 36-33 by Rookies 4.
In the third division, Fireflies and Foxes 4 continue to set the place and carried on their impressive form with wins over Foxes 3 and Ladybirds 2 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
All Stars 3 are yet to win this term and lost 24-14 to Shooting Stars, and Whittlesey Warriors claimed their second win of the season with a 16-11 win over Mustangs.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school