Netball round up: Rookies sides claim top two league spots in division one
- Credit: Archant
Rookies Netball Club now occupy the top two league positions in Wisbech Netball League Division One after the league’s latest round of fixtures on Wednesday night.
Rookies 2 and Rookies 3 played out a closely fought encounter, with Rookies 2 edging the tie 51-47 which saw them climb to first place in the division.
Kingfishers are rooted to the bottom of the league after a 30-0 defeat to Bassetts, and Whittlesey Warriors were 45-32 victors over Ladybirds 1.
In Divsion two, Jets maintained their 100% start to the league campaign with a 34-10 victory over Zodiax. Foxes 2 beat All Stars 1 to climb into second place, and All Stars 2 are still without a win this season after they were narrowly defeated 36-33 by Rookies 4.
In the third division, Fireflies and Foxes 4 continue to set the place and carried on their impressive form with wins over Foxes 3 and Ladybirds 2 respectively.
All Stars 3 are yet to win this term and lost 24-14 to Shooting Stars, and Whittlesey Warriors claimed their second win of the season with a 16-11 win over Mustangs.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash