Netball round up: Rookies sides claim top two league spots in division one
- Credit: Archant
Rookies Netball Club now occupy the top two league positions in Wisbech Netball League Division One after the league’s latest round of fixtures on Wednesday night.
Rookies 2 and Rookies 3 played out a closely fought encounter, with Rookies 2 edging the tie 51-47 which saw them climb to first place in the division.
Kingfishers are rooted to the bottom of the league after a 30-0 defeat to Bassetts, and Whittlesey Warriors were 45-32 victors over Ladybirds 1.
In Divsion two, Jets maintained their 100% start to the league campaign with a 34-10 victory over Zodiax. Foxes 2 beat All Stars 1 to climb into second place, and All Stars 2 are still without a win this season after they were narrowly defeated 36-33 by Rookies 4.
In the third division, Fireflies and Foxes 4 continue to set the place and carried on their impressive form with wins over Foxes 3 and Ladybirds 2 respectively.
You may also want to watch:
All Stars 3 are yet to win this term and lost 24-14 to Shooting Stars, and Whittlesey Warriors claimed their second win of the season with a 16-11 win over Mustangs.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 10 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role