GOLF: Gary is the main man at March again
- Credit: Archant
Gary Neugebauer continued his domination of the men’s championship at March Golf Club recently.
Neugebauer reigned supreme at the Grange Road venue for the fourth successive year when pipping runner-up Lewis Hearn by one shot.
Neugebauer triumphed with a two-round score of 161 with Hearn carding 162. Nigel Goude was third on 171.
Hearn gained compensation when deservedly winning the handicap championship with a 138 effort.
Simon Moore (141) took second spot with Brian Newstead and Derek Wisbey tied in third with totals of 142.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Morgan won the President’s Day event with a 40-point return. Pam Wallis took victory in the ladies competition with 34 points while Di Lefevre scooped the nearest the pin prize.
Lady captain Lydia Molyneux tasted success in the Ladies Members & Friends Day this week.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 5 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
Her team, which also featured vice captain Sandra Russell and Brampton Park members Elaine Cardwell and Jane McGlashan racked up 81 points.
Shona Kent, Gail Arnold, Jean Alterton and Lakeside Lodge memer Carole Stimpson teamed up for second place on 76 points.