GOLF: Gary is the main man at March again
- Credit: Archant
Gary Neugebauer continued his domination of the men’s championship at March Golf Club recently.
Neugebauer reigned supreme at the Grange Road venue for the fourth successive year when pipping runner-up Lewis Hearn by one shot.
Neugebauer triumphed with a two-round score of 161 with Hearn carding 162. Nigel Goude was third on 171.
Hearn gained compensation when deservedly winning the handicap championship with a 138 effort.
Simon Moore (141) took second spot with Brian Newstead and Derek Wisbey tied in third with totals of 142.
You may also want to watch:
Gary Morgan won the President’s Day event with a 40-point return. Pam Wallis took victory in the ladies competition with 34 points while Di Lefevre scooped the nearest the pin prize.
Lady captain Lydia Molyneux tasted success in the Ladies Members & Friends Day this week.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
Her team, which also featured vice captain Sandra Russell and Brampton Park members Elaine Cardwell and Jane McGlashan racked up 81 points.
Shona Kent, Gail Arnold, Jean Alterton and Lakeside Lodge memer Carole Stimpson teamed up for second place on 76 points.