New captains Ivan and Fiona hoping to drive March Golf Club to success in 2017
- Credit: Archant
March Golf Club has announced its two new captains for the upcoming season.
Ivan Roberts has taken over as new club captain while Fiona Wood has been named lady captain.
Both captains have chosen MIND as their charity of choice for the season, as it is a cause close to both of their hearts.
Ivan said: “Mental Health is fast becoming a growing concern in this country affecting around one in four people at any one time.
“Organisations such as Mind can provide valuable support to those who are affected and help to reduce the stigma around this issue, enabling sufferers to have the confidence to seek help. We are delighted to be able to support MIND for our joint captains charity during 2017 here at March Golf Club”
You may also want to watch:
The club’s first fundraising event of 2017 will take place on Saturday March 11, where Fiona will be hosting the third Ladies Captain Charity Dinner.
The event is organised and run by some of the lady members and is open to both members and non-members.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
Anyone wishing to support the charity by attending the meal can get further details and tickets from Michal Simpson on 01354 652364.