New martial arts club to open in Fenland alongside successful BCKA club
A NEW martial arts club opening in Wisbech on Tuesday will run alongside an already successful kickboxing group.
Andy Whitwell already runs a British Chinese Kickboxing Association club at Thomas Clarkson Community College in Wisbech on Tuesdays.
Whitwell, Aaron Godden and Simon Munday will be the instructors of the new Lau Gar Kung-Fu club.
Whitwell said: “There are too many differences between the two disciplines so they will be separate clubs.
“Both are suitable for people of all ages, male or female. We have no minimum fitness levels needed to start kickboxing or kung-fu.
You may also want to watch:
“In a few weeks you will realise your own fitness level, stamina and flexibility are increasing, enabling you to work harder for longer.”
Whitwell runs a number of BCKA and kung-fu clubs around Fenland already. Both clubs will run from 6.15-7.45pm in the school’s sports hall with a curtain separating the groups.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 10 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
CONTACT: Andy Whitwell on 07969 792286 or e-mail email@example.com for further details. All sessions are on a pay-as-you-train basis with discount for families.