New martial arts club to open in Fenland alongside successful BCKA club
A NEW martial arts club opening in Wisbech on Tuesday will run alongside an already successful kickboxing group.
Andy Whitwell already runs a British Chinese Kickboxing Association club at Thomas Clarkson Community College in Wisbech on Tuesdays.
Whitwell, Aaron Godden and Simon Munday will be the instructors of the new Lau Gar Kung-Fu club.
Whitwell said: “There are too many differences between the two disciplines so they will be separate clubs.
“Both are suitable for people of all ages, male or female. We have no minimum fitness levels needed to start kickboxing or kung-fu.
“In a few weeks you will realise your own fitness level, stamina and flexibility are increasing, enabling you to work harder for longer.”
Whitwell runs a number of BCKA and kung-fu clubs around Fenland already. Both clubs will run from 6.15-7.45pm in the school’s sports hall with a curtain separating the groups.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 7 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Knife-wielding teen jailed after week-long crime spree in Wisbech
CONTACT: Andy Whitwell on 07969 792286 or e-mail email@example.com for further details. All sessions are on a pay-as-you-train basis with discount for families.