New martial arts club to open in Fenland alongside successful BCKA club
A NEW martial arts club opening in Wisbech on Tuesday will run alongside an already successful kickboxing group.
Andy Whitwell already runs a British Chinese Kickboxing Association club at Thomas Clarkson Community College in Wisbech on Tuesdays.
Whitwell, Aaron Godden and Simon Munday will be the instructors of the new Lau Gar Kung-Fu club.
Whitwell said: “There are too many differences between the two disciplines so they will be separate clubs.
“Both are suitable for people of all ages, male or female. We have no minimum fitness levels needed to start kickboxing or kung-fu.
“In a few weeks you will realise your own fitness level, stamina and flexibility are increasing, enabling you to work harder for longer.”
Whitwell runs a number of BCKA and kung-fu clubs around Fenland already. Both clubs will run from 6.15-7.45pm in the school’s sports hall with a curtain separating the groups.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 5 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 10 Dental practice plan move to business park
CONTACT: Andy Whitwell on 07969 792286 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for further details. All sessions are on a pay-as-you-train basis with discount for families.