New signing Plumb to make March Town United debut at GER tonight
MARCH Town United’s new signing Kyle Plumb is set to make his debut for the Hares in tonight’s league cup clash with Saffron Walden Town at the GER.
Hares’ boss Jamie Weston finally completed the signing of Plumb from King’s Lynn Town yesterday after months of tracking the versatile giant who has been on the fringes of the Lynn set-up so far this season.
Weston said: “I think Lynn were looking long term with him but he just wants to play regular football.
“He will start tonight as it’s a cup match and he needs to get some minutes under his belt.”
“We have kept in contact since the summer so I’m pleased that he’s now decided to join us.”
Weston believes his new signing’s versatility is a major boost to his squad after losing the services of Harry Roe and Scott Welcher in recent weeks.
Plumb was used mainly as a striker at Swaffham Town but made his first start for Lynn this season at centre-back and the Hares’ boss thinks he will do a good job regardless of what position he plays.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 4 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier
“His versatility is a massive plus and I think he can do a good job anywhere through the middle,” said the Hares’ manager.
“We have lost players and we needed to add to the squad so it doesn’t mean anyone has to make way for him, if anything it’ll make the squad a bit more competitive.
“He can play in a couple of positions but with the way we play he could be a good attacking midfielder for us.
“He’s a big lad too so he’ll be a threat at set-pieces.”
Tonight’s Ridgeons First Division Knock-out Cup First Round clash kicks off at 7.45pm.