New year, new start: Rejuvenated March Bears maul Biggleswade II
A LARGE crowd cheered rejuvenated March Bears to victory on Saturday as they stormed past Biggleswade II at Elm Road Sports Field.
Second half tries from Ben Pyle, Simon Whittaker and Simon Althoff ensured the Bears started 2013 in emphatic fashion with a 17-3 win.
After a scoreless first half, man of the match Kris Feaviour punched a hole in the Biggleswade defence to release Pyle.
A superb second try from Whittaker was converted by Jake Read before the visitors reduced the arrears to nine points with a penalty.
But, with five minutes remaining, the Bears put the result beyond doubt. Youngster Aaron Connor sped past the Biggleswade defence before off-loading to Althoff, who crashed over.
President Barry Feetham said he was thrilled with the display, which coincided with the club’s lunch for former players.
“It was a proud moment to see a performance from the all the players,” he said. “It was an awesome display of rugby and a superb day.”
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
The Bears travel to Harlow IV on Saturday.