New year, new start: Rejuvenated March Bears maul Biggleswade II
A LARGE crowd cheered rejuvenated March Bears to victory on Saturday as they stormed past Biggleswade II at Elm Road Sports Field.
Second half tries from Ben Pyle, Simon Whittaker and Simon Althoff ensured the Bears started 2013 in emphatic fashion with a 17-3 win.
After a scoreless first half, man of the match Kris Feaviour punched a hole in the Biggleswade defence to release Pyle.
A superb second try from Whittaker was converted by Jake Read before the visitors reduced the arrears to nine points with a penalty.
But, with five minutes remaining, the Bears put the result beyond doubt. Youngster Aaron Connor sped past the Biggleswade defence before off-loading to Althoff, who crashed over.
You may also want to watch:
President Barry Feetham said he was thrilled with the display, which coincided with the club’s lunch for former players.
“It was a proud moment to see a performance from the all the players,” he said. “It was an awesome display of rugby and a superb day.”
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
The Bears travel to Harlow IV on Saturday.