Newly-formed Chatteris Cycling Club hits the turbo
- Credit: Archant
A newly-formed Cycling Club has unveiled its plans for the new year - starting with weekly ‘Turbo’ sessions.
Chatteris Cycling Club, which operates out of the Sportsman in Chatteris, is on track to become a fully affiliated cycling club to British Cycling in early 2016, and has kicked off its winter schedule with ‘Turbo Tuesdays.’
The weekly event invites keen cyclists to hit the turbo by connecting their bikes to rollers which simulates cycling on a road.
The club aims to have 30 to 40 subscribers by 2016, and chairman of the club, Matt Walters, is excited for the club’s future.
He said: “Turbo Tuesdays is just another idea we at the club came up with to allow anyone with an indoor trainer to keep fit over the winter months and in a safe and friendly environment.
You may also want to watch:
“Lydia and Steve of the Sportsman in Chatteris have been very generous in allowing us to use their premises for it; their help and support towards this club has been outstanding.”
The club will be discussing its plans at its first annual general meeting on Friday November 27. For more information, please visit http://mattwaters.wix.com/chatteriscyclingclub or visit the club’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/796786420407343/.
- 1 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 5 Homeless champion delighted as young couple finally have shelter
- 6 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 7 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit