Newly-formed Chatteris Cycling Club hits the turbo
- Credit: Archant
A newly-formed Cycling Club has unveiled its plans for the new year - starting with weekly ‘Turbo’ sessions.
Chatteris Cycling Club, which operates out of the Sportsman in Chatteris, is on track to become a fully affiliated cycling club to British Cycling in early 2016, and has kicked off its winter schedule with ‘Turbo Tuesdays.’
The weekly event invites keen cyclists to hit the turbo by connecting their bikes to rollers which simulates cycling on a road.
The club aims to have 30 to 40 subscribers by 2016, and chairman of the club, Matt Walters, is excited for the club’s future.
He said: “Turbo Tuesdays is just another idea we at the club came up with to allow anyone with an indoor trainer to keep fit over the winter months and in a safe and friendly environment.
“Lydia and Steve of the Sportsman in Chatteris have been very generous in allowing us to use their premises for it; their help and support towards this club has been outstanding.”
The club will be discussing its plans at its first annual general meeting on Friday November 27. For more information, please visit http://mattwaters.wix.com/chatteriscyclingclub or visit the club’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/796786420407343/.
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 3 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 8 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 Gill ready to 'give fans a show' amid European title frustration