Newly-formed Chatteris Cycling Club hits the turbo
- Credit: Archant
A newly-formed Cycling Club has unveiled its plans for the new year - starting with weekly ‘Turbo’ sessions.
Chatteris Cycling Club, which operates out of the Sportsman in Chatteris, is on track to become a fully affiliated cycling club to British Cycling in early 2016, and has kicked off its winter schedule with ‘Turbo Tuesdays.’
The weekly event invites keen cyclists to hit the turbo by connecting their bikes to rollers which simulates cycling on a road.
The club aims to have 30 to 40 subscribers by 2016, and chairman of the club, Matt Walters, is excited for the club’s future.
He said: “Turbo Tuesdays is just another idea we at the club came up with to allow anyone with an indoor trainer to keep fit over the winter months and in a safe and friendly environment.
You may also want to watch:
“Lydia and Steve of the Sportsman in Chatteris have been very generous in allowing us to use their premises for it; their help and support towards this club has been outstanding.”
The club will be discussing its plans at its first annual general meeting on Friday November 27. For more information, please visit http://mattwaters.wix.com/chatteriscyclingclub or visit the club’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/796786420407343/.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down