NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: A trophy and a new signing in the bag for Chatteris Town
- Credit: Archant
It has been a promising week for all at Chatteris Town.
The Lilies claimed the Bill Salisbury Memorial Cup last Thursday with a 1-0 success over Fen rivals March Town, before adding a new signing to their ranks on Tuesday.
Youngster Adam Parmenter, who was a regular in the St Ives under 18 side that won the Eastern Counties title last season, became Ashley Taylor’s latest signing earlier this week.
He made his Lilies debut in their win over March, in which Ben Matthews netted the decisive goal, and Taylor was impressed by the 17-year-old’s performance.
He said: “He fits the mould for what we are looking for.
You may also want to watch:
“He is a young prospect and I’m really looking forward to see him progress in the senior game with us.”
Parmenter is Chatteris’ second signing of the summer following the arrival of Dean Grogan from Ely City last week.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 5 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 8 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 9 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
Taylor is also chasing left-back Jack Saunders, who is on Yaxley’s radar and one more signing.