NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Ashley Taylor to stay on as Chatteris Town manager
- Credit: Archant
Ashley Taylor is to continue as Chatteris Town manager for the 2017/18 season.
Taylor stepped down from his managerial duties at the end of the season to take up the role of director of football, but has been forced to continue as boss after the Lilies failed to find a successor.
He said: “We had someone else in mind, but he has now decided to stay with his current club.
“When I made my intentions clear midway through last season I always said that if the fight person was not found then I would continue as manager.
“The plan was for me to step back and to bring in a more experience manager that could improve the group with better contacts. We have not been able to find the right person to do this.”
You may also want to watch:
Taylor guided Chatteris to fifth in the Kershaw Premier Division last season; his second season in charge.
“I will not let what we have built to go backwards,” he added.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 5 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 6 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 7 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 8 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 9 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
“I will be giving my all to bring success to this football club. I’m working on things as we speak.”