NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Ashley Taylor to stay on as Chatteris Town manager
- Credit: Archant
Ashley Taylor is to continue as Chatteris Town manager for the 2017/18 season.
Taylor stepped down from his managerial duties at the end of the season to take up the role of director of football, but has been forced to continue as boss after the Lilies failed to find a successor.
He said: “We had someone else in mind, but he has now decided to stay with his current club.
“When I made my intentions clear midway through last season I always said that if the fight person was not found then I would continue as manager.
“The plan was for me to step back and to bring in a more experience manager that could improve the group with better contacts. We have not been able to find the right person to do this.”
You may also want to watch:
Taylor guided Chatteris to fifth in the Kershaw Premier Division last season; his second season in charge.
“I will not let what we have built to go backwards,” he added.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region
“I will be giving my all to bring success to this football club. I’m working on things as we speak.”