NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Ashley Taylor to stay on as Chatteris Town manager
- Credit: Archant
Ashley Taylor is to continue as Chatteris Town manager for the 2017/18 season.
Taylor stepped down from his managerial duties at the end of the season to take up the role of director of football, but has been forced to continue as boss after the Lilies failed to find a successor.
He said: “We had someone else in mind, but he has now decided to stay with his current club.
“When I made my intentions clear midway through last season I always said that if the fight person was not found then I would continue as manager.
“The plan was for me to step back and to bring in a more experience manager that could improve the group with better contacts. We have not been able to find the right person to do this.”
You may also want to watch:
Taylor guided Chatteris to fifth in the Kershaw Premier Division last season; his second season in charge.
“I will not let what we have built to go backwards,” he added.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
“I will be giving my all to bring success to this football club. I’m working on things as we speak.”