NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Boss Ashley Taylor left speechless after Chatteris Town throw away two-goal lead
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town manager Ashley Taylor admitted he was left speechless after the Lilies surrendered a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3 to ten-man Cherry Hinton last weekend.
The Lilies’ already-fading top four hopes were dented yet again in Cambridge after they gave up their lead established through a Craig Gillies double and a Stuart Porter strike.
“In my four years of management I have never been left speechless but on Saturday I was,” said Taylor.
“10 games ago we would have gone on and won the game 5-1 but something seems to have changed.
“I need to know what has changed in the squad and I will be making changes myself.”
Chatteris are now without a win since March 4 and will set out to snap that run this weekend when visiting high-flying Eaton Socon.
The Hunts outfit are fighting for the Kershaw Premier Division title and Taylor says he will ring the changes on Saturday afternoon to give his side the best chance of victory.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 5 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 6 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 7 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 8 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
“Going to Eaton Socon will be a difficult game but I will be making changes to freshen things up,” he said.