NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Boss Ashley Taylor left speechless after Chatteris Town throw away two-goal lead
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town manager Ashley Taylor admitted he was left speechless after the Lilies surrendered a 3-1 lead to lose 4-3 to ten-man Cherry Hinton last weekend.
The Lilies’ already-fading top four hopes were dented yet again in Cambridge after they gave up their lead established through a Craig Gillies double and a Stuart Porter strike.
“In my four years of management I have never been left speechless but on Saturday I was,” said Taylor.
“10 games ago we would have gone on and won the game 5-1 but something seems to have changed.
“I need to know what has changed in the squad and I will be making changes myself.”
You may also want to watch:
Chatteris are now without a win since March 4 and will set out to snap that run this weekend when visiting high-flying Eaton Socon.
The Hunts outfit are fighting for the Kershaw Premier Division title and Taylor says he will ring the changes on Saturday afternoon to give his side the best chance of victory.
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
“Going to Eaton Socon will be a difficult game but I will be making changes to freshen things up,” he said.