NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Chatteris Town sign young defender Dean Grogan
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town have made their first signing of the summer.
The Lilies, who have seen star players Craig Gillies and Aidan Hollis leave the club in recent weeks, have captured young defender Dean Grogan from Cambridgeshire rivals, Ely City.
Grogan made a handful of appearances for the Robins last season, including 90 minutes in goal in their 3-2 FA Vase win over Welwyn Garden City in December.
Chatteris manager, Ashley Taylor said: “I’m really pleased with the signing.
“He’s 20 years of age, a strong central defender and has lots of potential.
You may also want to watch:
“He had quite a few clubs chasing him, including clubs from higher levels, but he’s chosen Chatteris and we’re delighted.
“He’s bought into what we are trying to do here and fits perfectly into the group.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
Grogan is expected to make his debut in Chatteris’ pre-season friendly at Haverhill Borough next Friday.