NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Chatteris Town sign young defender Dean Grogan
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town have made their first signing of the summer.
The Lilies, who have seen star players Craig Gillies and Aidan Hollis leave the club in recent weeks, have captured young defender Dean Grogan from Cambridgeshire rivals, Ely City.
Grogan made a handful of appearances for the Robins last season, including 90 minutes in goal in their 3-2 FA Vase win over Welwyn Garden City in December.
Chatteris manager, Ashley Taylor said: “I’m really pleased with the signing.
“He’s 20 years of age, a strong central defender and has lots of potential.
“He had quite a few clubs chasing him, including clubs from higher levels, but he’s chosen Chatteris and we’re delighted.
“He’s bought into what we are trying to do here and fits perfectly into the group.”
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 7 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
Grogan is expected to make his debut in Chatteris’ pre-season friendly at Haverhill Borough next Friday.