NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Chatteris Town sign young defender Dean Grogan
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town have made their first signing of the summer.
The Lilies, who have seen star players Craig Gillies and Aidan Hollis leave the club in recent weeks, have captured young defender Dean Grogan from Cambridgeshire rivals, Ely City.
Grogan made a handful of appearances for the Robins last season, including 90 minutes in goal in their 3-2 FA Vase win over Welwyn Garden City in December.
Chatteris manager, Ashley Taylor said: “I’m really pleased with the signing.
“He’s 20 years of age, a strong central defender and has lots of potential.
You may also want to watch:
“He had quite a few clubs chasing him, including clubs from higher levels, but he’s chosen Chatteris and we’re delighted.
“He’s bought into what we are trying to do here and fits perfectly into the group.”
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
Grogan is expected to make his debut in Chatteris’ pre-season friendly at Haverhill Borough next Friday.