NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Chatteris Town sign young defender Dean Grogan
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town have made their first signing of the summer.
The Lilies, who have seen star players Craig Gillies and Aidan Hollis leave the club in recent weeks, have captured young defender Dean Grogan from Cambridgeshire rivals, Ely City.
Grogan made a handful of appearances for the Robins last season, including 90 minutes in goal in their 3-2 FA Vase win over Welwyn Garden City in December.
Chatteris manager, Ashley Taylor said: “I’m really pleased with the signing.
“He’s 20 years of age, a strong central defender and has lots of potential.
“He had quite a few clubs chasing him, including clubs from higher levels, but he’s chosen Chatteris and we’re delighted.
“He’s bought into what we are trying to do here and fits perfectly into the group.”
- 1 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 5 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 6 Police ‘increasingly concerned’ for woman missing since Wednesday
- 7 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 10 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
Grogan is expected to make his debut in Chatteris’ pre-season friendly at Haverhill Borough next Friday.