NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Chatteris Town sign young defender Dean Grogan
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town have made their first signing of the summer.
The Lilies, who have seen star players Craig Gillies and Aidan Hollis leave the club in recent weeks, have captured young defender Dean Grogan from Cambridgeshire rivals, Ely City.
Grogan made a handful of appearances for the Robins last season, including 90 minutes in goal in their 3-2 FA Vase win over Welwyn Garden City in December.
Chatteris manager, Ashley Taylor said: “I’m really pleased with the signing.
“He’s 20 years of age, a strong central defender and has lots of potential.
You may also want to watch:
“He had quite a few clubs chasing him, including clubs from higher levels, but he’s chosen Chatteris and we’re delighted.
“He’s bought into what we are trying to do here and fits perfectly into the group.”
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 7 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 Drug dealing pair caught thanks to eagle-eyed neighbours
- 10 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
Grogan is expected to make his debut in Chatteris’ pre-season friendly at Haverhill Borough next Friday.