NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Chatteris Town wonderkid Matthew Walshe praised by boss
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town boss Ashley Taylor has heaped praise on another of the club’s young talents after he had a starring role in the Lilies’ most recent Kershaw Premier Division victory.
The Lilies tied up their second straight league win with a routine 3-0 win over Foxton on Saturday thanks to a double from Craig Gillies and a debut goal from 17-year-old Matthew Walshe.
The youngster also set up Gillies for his second goal, and Taylor believes he has a bright future ahead of him.
“What a debut for the young lad,” he said.
“He scored with his first touch and set up our third goal. It was a great debut but I told him afterwards that the hard work starts now.”
You may also want to watch:
Saturday was also Taylor’s last home game as Lilies manager, and he was pleased to go out on a high.
“Our home record has been good since I took over and it was good to see a lot of fans supporting us for our last home game,” he said.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 3 Stunning drone footage shows prom night in all its glory
- 4 Pub demolition decision deferred
- 5 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 6 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 9 Rural theft cost Cambridgeshire £2 million in 2020
- 10 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
“It was nice to go out with a 3-0 win.”
The Lilies travel to Linton Granta on Saturday afternoon (3pm).