NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: Spot of bother as March Town are stung by second-half comeback
- Credit: Archant
March Town suffered late heartbreak after an 86th minute penalty gave Norwich United Reserves a fortunate 3-2 victory at the GER last Saturday.
The Hares led 2-0 at the half-time in the Thurlow Nunn League First Division clash thanks to goals form Jack Rawson and Callum Young, but they were undone by a much-improved second-half showing from the visitors.
The Norfolk side clawed their way back onto level terms thanks to a brace form Sonny Carey, who then completed his hat-trick from the spot late on after being brought down by March goalkeeper Dave Beeny.
It was a hotly-disputed decision with several Hares personnel feeling the offence was committed outside the box.
March manager Mel Mattless admitted the result was a difficult pill to swallow after such a bright start. He said: “It was a tough one to take. We started really well and got ourselves in front then it went wrong from there.
You may also want to watch:
“It was frustrating because a few of the lads felt it wasn’t a penalty, but we let them back in the game when we were in complete control and that is frustrating.
“We need to make sure we don’t give cheap goals away and have to start to see games out, especially when we have done the hard bit and got ourselves ahead.”
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
The Hares travel to second-placed Framlingham Town this Saturday, 3pm.