Bowls: North Cambs lose to Northants in Derbyshire Trophy
- Credit: Archant
North Cambs came up short in their second match of the Derbyshire Trophy indoor bowls season against Northants A at Hudson IBC, Wisbech.
Steve Engledow, Joseph Gowler and Robert Allen claimed their only winning rink, beating S Law by just one shot (19-18).
But R Bonello, M Hammond and R Rawson went down by eight shots against A Martin (25-17), as N Parnell, A Hailes and J Fox lost by 12 to J Newson (28-16).
J Ivatt, T Reed and B Groudns were beaten by M Dolby bt a 16-shot margin (27-11) as North Cambs lost 98-63 overall and took just two of the 14 points on offer.
However, the games were closer than the final scorelines suggested and North Cambs will hope to bounce back when they take on Northants B in their next match at Peterborough IBC on January 6.
You may also want to watch:
Further information about North Cambs can be found online at their website northcambsebf.co.uk.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s