Bowls: North Cambs lose to Northants in Derbyshire Trophy
- Credit: Archant
North Cambs came up short in their second match of the Derbyshire Trophy indoor bowls season against Northants A at Hudson IBC, Wisbech.
Steve Engledow, Joseph Gowler and Robert Allen claimed their only winning rink, beating S Law by just one shot (19-18).
But R Bonello, M Hammond and R Rawson went down by eight shots against A Martin (25-17), as N Parnell, A Hailes and J Fox lost by 12 to J Newson (28-16).
J Ivatt, T Reed and B Groudns were beaten by M Dolby bt a 16-shot margin (27-11) as North Cambs lost 98-63 overall and took just two of the 14 points on offer.
However, the games were closer than the final scorelines suggested and North Cambs will hope to bounce back when they take on Northants B in their next match at Peterborough IBC on January 6.
You may also want to watch:
Further information about North Cambs can be found online at their website northcambsebf.co.uk.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Not breaking news: Vicar with a vision, illegal fishing, workhouses and fork theft
- 10 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park