North Cambs Bowls pretty in pink presidents’ day raises £855 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A pretty in pink charity bowls day raised £855 for Lincoln County Hospital’s breast care department.
The event, organised by North Cambs presidents Linda Stanton and Eric Clarke, was held at the CMB BC in Railway Road, Wisbech.
About 75 people attended from local clubs and surrounding counties including Northants, Lincolnshire and Norfolk, One bowler even travelled from Worcester.
Events included a bowls drive, target bowls, a raffle where all prizes were donated by local businesses and bowlers and a ice bucket challenge by Cliff Watson and Linda Stanton.
At the weekend, the club held their 14th annual Les Howard memorial trophy game, raising £600 for Hudson Palliative Care.
You may also want to watch:
Twenty four pairs of bowlers competed, with Danny Stanton and Steve Engledow beating Barbara Joyce and Alan Wright in the final.
North Cambs Men’s Bowling Association AGM is on Sunday, October 19 at 7.30pm at the Working Men’s Conservative Club, Hill Street, Wisbech.
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 4 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 5 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 6 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 7 Class B drug factory discovered following British Gas search warrant
- 8 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 9 MP Steve Barclay visits £14m A47 Guyhirn roundabout upgrade works
- 10 Drink-driver blows over four times legal limit after ‘booze and cruise’
Cambridgeshire Short Mat Bowls Association held an afternoon Triples Competition at The March Indoor Bowls Club on Saturday.
Sixty affiliated players entered the competition. The winning team was Edna Ruggles (Fendrayton), Liz Mitchell (Walpole Highway) and Lonnie Fyson (Sutton St James).
This competition was played on the new Short Mats that have been bought with the help of a grant from The Grange Wind Farm Community Fund.
Short Mat Bowls can be played by anyone so long as the floor area of a Village Hall or Community Centre is at least 45 ft long and the floor is level.
The Cambs Association is keen to do demonstrations and offer instruction of this sport.
For more information contact Gerry Russell on 01406 330381 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Tony Hart 01354 741919 email@example.com