North Cambs Bowls pretty in pink presidents’ day raises £855 for charity
- Credit: Archant
A pretty in pink charity bowls day raised £855 for Lincoln County Hospital’s breast care department.
The event, organised by North Cambs presidents Linda Stanton and Eric Clarke, was held at the CMB BC in Railway Road, Wisbech.
About 75 people attended from local clubs and surrounding counties including Northants, Lincolnshire and Norfolk, One bowler even travelled from Worcester.
Events included a bowls drive, target bowls, a raffle where all prizes were donated by local businesses and bowlers and a ice bucket challenge by Cliff Watson and Linda Stanton.
At the weekend, the club held their 14th annual Les Howard memorial trophy game, raising £600 for Hudson Palliative Care.
You may also want to watch:
Twenty four pairs of bowlers competed, with Danny Stanton and Steve Engledow beating Barbara Joyce and Alan Wright in the final.
North Cambs Men’s Bowling Association AGM is on Sunday, October 19 at 7.30pm at the Working Men’s Conservative Club, Hill Street, Wisbech.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 4 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 5 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 6 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 7 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 8 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 9 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 10 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
Cambridgeshire Short Mat Bowls Association held an afternoon Triples Competition at The March Indoor Bowls Club on Saturday.
Sixty affiliated players entered the competition. The winning team was Edna Ruggles (Fendrayton), Liz Mitchell (Walpole Highway) and Lonnie Fyson (Sutton St James).
This competition was played on the new Short Mats that have been bought with the help of a grant from The Grange Wind Farm Community Fund.
Short Mat Bowls can be played by anyone so long as the floor area of a Village Hall or Community Centre is at least 45 ft long and the floor is level.
The Cambs Association is keen to do demonstrations and offer instruction of this sport.
For more information contact Gerry Russell on 01406 330381 or email@example.com or Tony Hart 01354 741919 firstname.lastname@example.org