March team are bowled over at championships
- Credit: Archant
Bowlers from North Cambs county indoor champions competed at the national finals at Newark with mixed results.
Players lost all first round games. Jackie Wilkes (Parson Drove) had a bye in the first round but beat Linda Blake Norfolk in the ladies singles and 2006 Champion 21 – 16 in her second round game.
In the semi final Jackie played Annie Lennie current 2017 and five time champion lead 19 -16 but was unable to get the final two shots and lost a very close game 21 – 19.
Annie Lennie went on to win the final against Durham 21 – 11.
Ladies Triples R1, Betty Reeve, June Warren, Jill Griffin lost 30 – 4 v Nottinghamshire.
Men’s Triples R1. Bob Grounds, Matt Hewitt (sub), Tony Reed lost 20 – 13 v Suffolk.
Mixed Triples R2. Lynne Quibell, Frank Howard, David Bailey lost 25 – 14 v Cleveland.
- 1 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 2 Man repeatedly stabbed nine-year-old boy in 'random attack'
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Shoplifters 'dragged security guard across floor'
- 7 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 8 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 9 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
Men’s 4 wood Singles R1. Matt Hewitt lost 21 – 10 v Nottinghamshire.
Ladies Pairs R1. Lynne Quibell & Wendy Featherstone lost 18 – 8 v Derbyshire.
Men’s Senior Singles R1, Charlie Waling lost 21 – 5 v Nottinghamshire.
Ladies Singles R2. Jacqueline Wilkes won 21 – 16 v Norfolk and lost semi final 21 – 19 v Northumberland.
Men’s Pairs R1, Bob Grounds & Tony Reed lost 25 – 8 v Norfolk.
Mixed Pairs R2, Betty Reeve & Len Smith lost 20 – 17 on the last end to Norfolk.
Ladies Senior Singles R1. Pauline Adams withdrew from the competition.
North Cambs EWBF played in the Harry Carver competition on Monday and EBF played in the Eversley on Sunday.