March team are bowled over at championships
- Credit: Archant
Bowlers from North Cambs county indoor champions competed at the national finals at Newark with mixed results.
Players lost all first round games. Jackie Wilkes (Parson Drove) had a bye in the first round but beat Linda Blake Norfolk in the ladies singles and 2006 Champion 21 – 16 in her second round game.
In the semi final Jackie played Annie Lennie current 2017 and five time champion lead 19 -16 but was unable to get the final two shots and lost a very close game 21 – 19.
Annie Lennie went on to win the final against Durham 21 – 11.
Ladies Triples R1, Betty Reeve, June Warren, Jill Griffin lost 30 – 4 v Nottinghamshire.
You may also want to watch:
Men’s Triples R1. Bob Grounds, Matt Hewitt (sub), Tony Reed lost 20 – 13 v Suffolk.
Mixed Triples R2. Lynne Quibell, Frank Howard, David Bailey lost 25 – 14 v Cleveland.
- 1 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 2 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 3 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 6 No queue as vaccinations for 500 patients in a day begin
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Driver bids to drift towards fruitful career with national success
- 9 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 10 'Sorry for any delay' but we're getting there says vaccine rollout manager
Men’s 4 wood Singles R1. Matt Hewitt lost 21 – 10 v Nottinghamshire.
Ladies Pairs R1. Lynne Quibell & Wendy Featherstone lost 18 – 8 v Derbyshire.
Men’s Senior Singles R1, Charlie Waling lost 21 – 5 v Nottinghamshire.
Ladies Singles R2. Jacqueline Wilkes won 21 – 16 v Norfolk and lost semi final 21 – 19 v Northumberland.
Men’s Pairs R1, Bob Grounds & Tony Reed lost 25 – 8 v Norfolk.
Mixed Pairs R2, Betty Reeve & Len Smith lost 20 – 17 on the last end to Norfolk.
Ladies Senior Singles R1. Pauline Adams withdrew from the competition.
North Cambs EWBF played in the Harry Carver competition on Monday and EBF played in the Eversley on Sunday.