Ogbonna’s brace helps Wisbech Town thrash Haverhill Rovers 3-0
A BRACE from Dubi Ogbonna helped Wisbech Town go second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division with a 3-0 thrashing of Haverhill Rovers last night.
The Fenmen’s title challenge started with a stutter on Saturday as they were held to a frustrating 1-1 draw by Walsham-le-Willows.
But Steve Appleby’s side returned to their free-scoring form last night, claiming a comfortable win away at Haverhill.
Ogbonna put Wisbech ahead in the first half, converting Neal Spafford’s pass.
The former Soham Town Rangers striker doubled their lead in the second half, stabbing home after a goalmouth scramble.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Bacon, returning after his suspension, sealed the victory with a fantastic finish.
The win sees Wisbech shoot up to second in the league after two games. Gorleston sit top after winning both of their opening fixtures.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
The Fenmen host Desborough Town in the FA Cup on Saturday.