Ogbonna’s brace helps Wisbech Town thrash Haverhill Rovers 3-0
A BRACE from Dubi Ogbonna helped Wisbech Town go second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division with a 3-0 thrashing of Haverhill Rovers last night.
The Fenmen’s title challenge started with a stutter on Saturday as they were held to a frustrating 1-1 draw by Walsham-le-Willows.
But Steve Appleby’s side returned to their free-scoring form last night, claiming a comfortable win away at Haverhill.
Ogbonna put Wisbech ahead in the first half, converting Neal Spafford’s pass.
The former Soham Town Rangers striker doubled their lead in the second half, stabbing home after a goalmouth scramble.
Chris Bacon, returning after his suspension, sealed the victory with a fantastic finish.
The win sees Wisbech shoot up to second in the league after two games. Gorleston sit top after winning both of their opening fixtures.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 A141 crash involves recycling lorry
- 4 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 5 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 6 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 7 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 8 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 9 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 10 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
The Fenmen host Desborough Town in the FA Cup on Saturday.