Ogbonna’s brace helps Wisbech Town thrash Haverhill Rovers 3-0
A BRACE from Dubi Ogbonna helped Wisbech Town go second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division with a 3-0 thrashing of Haverhill Rovers last night.
The Fenmen’s title challenge started with a stutter on Saturday as they were held to a frustrating 1-1 draw by Walsham-le-Willows.
But Steve Appleby’s side returned to their free-scoring form last night, claiming a comfortable win away at Haverhill.
Ogbonna put Wisbech ahead in the first half, converting Neal Spafford’s pass.
The former Soham Town Rangers striker doubled their lead in the second half, stabbing home after a goalmouth scramble.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Bacon, returning after his suspension, sealed the victory with a fantastic finish.
The win sees Wisbech shoot up to second in the league after two games. Gorleston sit top after winning both of their opening fixtures.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
The Fenmen host Desborough Town in the FA Cup on Saturday.