Ogbonna’s brace helps Wisbech Town thrash Haverhill Rovers 3-0
A BRACE from Dubi Ogbonna helped Wisbech Town go second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division with a 3-0 thrashing of Haverhill Rovers last night.
The Fenmen’s title challenge started with a stutter on Saturday as they were held to a frustrating 1-1 draw by Walsham-le-Willows.
But Steve Appleby’s side returned to their free-scoring form last night, claiming a comfortable win away at Haverhill.
Ogbonna put Wisbech ahead in the first half, converting Neal Spafford’s pass.
The former Soham Town Rangers striker doubled their lead in the second half, stabbing home after a goalmouth scramble.
You may also want to watch:
Chris Bacon, returning after his suspension, sealed the victory with a fantastic finish.
The win sees Wisbech shoot up to second in the league after two games. Gorleston sit top after winning both of their opening fixtures.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 5 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 6 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 7 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologised after 90mph police pursuit
- 8 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
The Fenmen host Desborough Town in the FA Cup on Saturday.