Ogbonna’s brace helps Wisbech Town thrash Haverhill Rovers 3-0
A BRACE from Dubi Ogbonna helped Wisbech Town go second in the Thurlow Nunn Premier Division with a 3-0 thrashing of Haverhill Rovers last night.
The Fenmen’s title challenge started with a stutter on Saturday as they were held to a frustrating 1-1 draw by Walsham-le-Willows.
But Steve Appleby’s side returned to their free-scoring form last night, claiming a comfortable win away at Haverhill.
Ogbonna put Wisbech ahead in the first half, converting Neal Spafford’s pass.
The former Soham Town Rangers striker doubled their lead in the second half, stabbing home after a goalmouth scramble.
Chris Bacon, returning after his suspension, sealed the victory with a fantastic finish.
The win sees Wisbech shoot up to second in the league after two games. Gorleston sit top after winning both of their opening fixtures.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 9 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 10 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
The Fenmen host Desborough Town in the FA Cup on Saturday.