On-form Dave makes his Mark
THE Nene, at Peterborough, was the setting for the first round of the Angling Times Winter League – and local team Sensas Mark One B finished in second place behind Peterborough. The individual winner was Dave Lee, from Mark One B, who took 25-06 of roach
THE Nene, at Peterborough, was the setting for the first round of the Angling Times Winter League - and local team Sensas Mark One B finished in second place behind Peterborough.
The individual winner was Dave Lee, from Mark One B, who took 25-06 of roach on hemp and tares.
The Nene, at Oundle, will stage the second round match on Sunday, October 15.
Manea Angling Club travelled to March on Sunday to fish the Old Nene, above the bypass bridge, and Steve Newell came out on top with 7-02 of roach and rudd.
The Manea club will be back on home water on Sunday to fish the River Delph and Welches Dam.
The Wimblington Angling Club fished Ferry Meadows at the weekend and we struggled to get a bite.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
Johnny Bird came out on top with two bream and a couple of small fish to 7lb.
Mill View AC fished the Buttonhole Lake, at Marshland Smeeth, and Steve Smalley found carp to 8lb feeding well in the margins to hook 74lb.
Sunday's match is at Decoy's Willows Lake with an 8.30am draw.
March's Townsend AC fished Decoy on Sunday to fish Cedar Lake and Alan Driver also found the fish feeding close in to hook 26-10.
The Channel 12 Match Group, from Wimblington, fished the narrow section of the Forty Foot, near Ramsey, and Paul Turner hooked 7lb of roach to win the match.
The Pool, at Fieldsend Water, is still fishing well and Richard Button had to land 90-08 to take first place in the Ace Angling Club event on Sunday.
Jack Halveston then won the senior citizen's open match with a total net of 34lb.
The red fish hasn't been caught for a couple of weeks and the kitty stands at £48, so anyone wishing to have a go at catching it can fish in the open match on Saturday.
The draw is at 8.30am with fishing from 9.30am-3.30pm and more information is available from Viccy on 01354 740373.
Finally, Sunday's March Club match is still to be arranged.
For more information call me on 07970 673439.