Open swimmers lead the way as Fenland Flyers finish fourth at second round meet
SWIMMERS from the Fenland Flyers put in a strong performance at the second round of the National Arena Swimming League in Spalding.
The team were led by their open swimmers, with Gary Smith cruising to victories in the Open 100m Individual Medley and the Open 100m Backstroke.
Mark Thompson won the Open 100m Butterfly and the Open 100m Freestyle with Grace Cherry also triumphing in the Under-11 50m Freestyle.
Second places went to Grace Cherry in the 11/Under Fly, Daniel Riches in the 11/Under Fly, Pheobe Gallagher in the 11/under Breaststroke, Luke Cable in the 11/under Breaststroke plus Jo Pearce in the Open 100m Breaststroke. There was more success in the team relays.
The Fenland Flyers finished fourth in the final standings with a creditable 198 points. South Lincolnshire won the compeition with 238 points. The next round takes place in December 2010.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the Flyers swimming team or Wisbech Swimming Club, March Marlins Swimming Club or Chatteris Kingfishers, please contact 07920194419.
Team swimmers for this round were: Kathleen Loveridge, Gary Smith, Phoebe Gallagher, Grace Cherry, Chloe Richardson, Hannah Brown, Daniel Riches, Luke Cable, Oliver Newton, Charlie Revell, Sydney Davis, Mollie Allen, Cree Howlett,, Marc Johnson, James Vardon, Liam Oliver, Sam Vardon, Kirsty Slyfield, Emily Morris, Charlotte Riches, Leah Harrington, Tom Kelly, Ivo Nooteboom, Mathijs Nooteboom, Adam Lifshack, Esther Loveridge, Jo Pearce, Kathleen Loveridge, Marie Doherty, Gary Smith, Martyn Fresher, Mark Thompson, Tom Kelly.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 6 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down