Open swimmers lead the way as Fenland Flyers finish fourth at second round meet
SWIMMERS from the Fenland Flyers put in a strong performance at the second round of the National Arena Swimming League in Spalding.
The team were led by their open swimmers, with Gary Smith cruising to victories in the Open 100m Individual Medley and the Open 100m Backstroke.
Mark Thompson won the Open 100m Butterfly and the Open 100m Freestyle with Grace Cherry also triumphing in the Under-11 50m Freestyle.
Second places went to Grace Cherry in the 11/Under Fly, Daniel Riches in the 11/Under Fly, Pheobe Gallagher in the 11/under Breaststroke, Luke Cable in the 11/under Breaststroke plus Jo Pearce in the Open 100m Breaststroke. There was more success in the team relays.
The Fenland Flyers finished fourth in the final standings with a creditable 198 points. South Lincolnshire won the compeition with 238 points. The next round takes place in December 2010.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on the Flyers swimming team or Wisbech Swimming Club, March Marlins Swimming Club or Chatteris Kingfishers, please contact 07920194419.
Team swimmers for this round were: Kathleen Loveridge, Gary Smith, Phoebe Gallagher, Grace Cherry, Chloe Richardson, Hannah Brown, Daniel Riches, Luke Cable, Oliver Newton, Charlie Revell, Sydney Davis, Mollie Allen, Cree Howlett,, Marc Johnson, James Vardon, Liam Oliver, Sam Vardon, Kirsty Slyfield, Emily Morris, Charlotte Riches, Leah Harrington, Tom Kelly, Ivo Nooteboom, Mathijs Nooteboom, Adam Lifshack, Esther Loveridge, Jo Pearce, Kathleen Loveridge, Marie Doherty, Gary Smith, Martyn Fresher, Mark Thompson, Tom Kelly.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 7 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road