Ossie, Ossie, Ossie! Mintus to take over from Young at Chatteris Town
NEW boss Ossie Mintus will meet his Chatteris Town players for the first time at West Street tomorrow.
The former Ely City Reserves and Histon Reserves manager was appointed by Lilies chairman Steve Bright last night.
But Bright has also appointed a second applicant, Paul Crosbie, to a role with the reserves.
Crosbie is a highly-qualified coach and holds a UEFA B badge. He has experience with Watford and Leicester and was technical director of a club in the Caribbean before moving to Wisbech.
It is thought that Mintus may convince several players to join him at West Street over the summer.
You may also want to watch:
He will take the reins after caretaker boss Julian Young’s final game in charge, against Brampton tomorrow.
Young said: “It’s my last game in charge tomorrow but Ozzie will be coming to watch and he will meet the players after the game. Then he can start making plans for next season.
- 1 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 2 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 9 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 10 Community group to review case of missing Terry McSpadden
“It’s brilliant because I think the committee were thinking they wouldn’t have anyone apply for the job!”
Bright added: “I’m really pleased that we have got two good people apply for the job and we have been able to accommodate them both in the club to help improve things.”