Ossie, Ossie, Ossie! Mintus to take over from Young at Chatteris Town
NEW boss Ossie Mintus will meet his Chatteris Town players for the first time at West Street tomorrow.
The former Ely City Reserves and Histon Reserves manager was appointed by Lilies chairman Steve Bright last night.
But Bright has also appointed a second applicant, Paul Crosbie, to a role with the reserves.
Crosbie is a highly-qualified coach and holds a UEFA B badge. He has experience with Watford and Leicester and was technical director of a club in the Caribbean before moving to Wisbech.
It is thought that Mintus may convince several players to join him at West Street over the summer.
You may also want to watch:
He will take the reins after caretaker boss Julian Young’s final game in charge, against Brampton tomorrow.
Young said: “It’s my last game in charge tomorrow but Ozzie will be coming to watch and he will meet the players after the game. Then he can start making plans for next season.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs already this year
- 9 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 10 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
“It’s brilliant because I think the committee were thinking they wouldn’t have anyone apply for the job!”
Bright added: “I’m really pleased that we have got two good people apply for the job and we have been able to accommodate them both in the club to help improve things.”