Outwell Swifts beat Chatteris Town, while Wimblington start season with a bang
- Credit: Archant
Player manager Mark Secker struck twice in the first half to give Outwell Swifts an impressive 2-0 win at rivals Chatteris Townin their Kershaw Senior A opener last night.
Wisbech St Mary started their Kershaw Premier League campaign with a 3-1 win over Lakenheath.
In Kershaw Senior B, Wimblington beat Hemingfords United Reserves 4-0.
In the Peterborough and District League, Liam Harrold’s Whittlesey Athletic were held to a 2-2 draw by
Leverington have had a disastrous start to their campaign, losing 5-0 to Peterborough Sports Reserves and 7-0 to Holbeach United Reserves.
In Division One, Whittlesey Athletic Reserves beat Peterborough ICA Sports Reserves 1-0 and Moulton Harrox Reserves 2-0.
- 1 Village shop hit by ram raiders
- 2 F1 fan Magdalena bids to land 'once in a lifetime' chance
- 3 Motorcyclist in serious condition after A142 tractor crash
- 4 A47 near Wisbech set to close for seven weekends due to roadworks
- 5 Second river crash in a week as driver escapes injury
- 6 Father and son accused of man's murder set to stand trial this summer
- 7 Teenager was ‘acting in self-defence’ when stamping on boy’s head
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Jail for suspected hare courser who forced cars off road during police pursuit
- 10 Sex offender who 'wiped internet history' jailed for breaching court orders
Matthew Cawthorn scored in Long Sutton Athletic’s 1-1 draw with Stamford Belvedere.
Wisbech Town Reserves lost their opener 2-1 at King’s Cliffe then bounced back with a 3-2 win over Sutton Bridge.