Outwell Swifts beat Chatteris Town, while Wimblington start season with a bang
- Credit: Archant
Player manager Mark Secker struck twice in the first half to give Outwell Swifts an impressive 2-0 win at rivals Chatteris Townin their Kershaw Senior A opener last night.
Wisbech St Mary started their Kershaw Premier League campaign with a 3-1 win over Lakenheath.
In Kershaw Senior B, Wimblington beat Hemingfords United Reserves 4-0.
In the Peterborough and District League, Liam Harrold’s Whittlesey Athletic were held to a 2-2 draw by
Leverington have had a disastrous start to their campaign, losing 5-0 to Peterborough Sports Reserves and 7-0 to Holbeach United Reserves.
In Division One, Whittlesey Athletic Reserves beat Peterborough ICA Sports Reserves 1-0 and Moulton Harrox Reserves 2-0.
- 1 Man assaulted partner and police officers in March
- 2 Man repeatedly stabbed nine-year-old boy in 'random attack'
- 3 Covid sweeps across Cambridgeshire as summer wave takes hold
- 4 Woman, 80, dies following A141 crash
- 5 'Rubberneckers' cause second crash trying to view overturned lorry
- 6 Shoplifters 'dragged security guard across floor'
- 7 Armed police swoop on youngsters brandishing suspected hand gun
- 8 Rikki Neave’s mother calls for tougher sentence for son’s murderer
- 9 Steve Barclay becomes Health Secretary following shock resignations
- 10 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
Matthew Cawthorn scored in Long Sutton Athletic’s 1-1 draw with Stamford Belvedere.
Wisbech Town Reserves lost their opener 2-1 at King’s Cliffe then bounced back with a 3-2 win over Sutton Bridge.