Outwell Swifts beat Chatteris Town, while Wimblington start season with a bang
- Credit: Archant
Player manager Mark Secker struck twice in the first half to give Outwell Swifts an impressive 2-0 win at rivals Chatteris Townin their Kershaw Senior A opener last night.
Wisbech St Mary started their Kershaw Premier League campaign with a 3-1 win over Lakenheath.
In Kershaw Senior B, Wimblington beat Hemingfords United Reserves 4-0.
In the Peterborough and District League, Liam Harrold’s Whittlesey Athletic were held to a 2-2 draw by
You may also want to watch:
Leverington have had a disastrous start to their campaign, losing 5-0 to Peterborough Sports Reserves and 7-0 to Holbeach United Reserves.
In Division One, Whittlesey Athletic Reserves beat Peterborough ICA Sports Reserves 1-0 and Moulton Harrox Reserves 2-0.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
Matthew Cawthorn scored in Long Sutton Athletic’s 1-1 draw with Stamford Belvedere.
Wisbech Town Reserves lost their opener 2-1 at King’s Cliffe then bounced back with a 3-2 win over Sutton Bridge.