Paralympic star Jody Cundy unveils incredible treasure map themed prosthetic leg ahead of 2016 Rio Games
- Credit: Archant
Walpole St Andrew Paralympic cycling star Jody Cundy will be hoping his stunning newly-painted treasure map themed leg will lead the way to gold in Rio de Janeiro this month.
Cundy unveiled the new design, which features a pirate map showing his route from London to Brazil, alongside all the Paralympic medals he has won during his successful career.
The leg, which he also used in the 2012 London Games, was designed by Cundy and painted by Surrey-based company, Image Design Custom.
Cundy said: “The paint job is very specific to the London to Rio gold quest.
“It has a treasure map, which represents the lost gold in London. Hopefully there’s a pot of gold at the end in Rio.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the leg that was designed to win in London but the paint job that will hopefully finish it all off.”
The 37-year-old begins his bid for yet more Paralympic glory in the one-kilometre time trial this Friday (September 9) and the mixed team sprint on Sunday (11).
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 4 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 5 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years