Paralympic star Jody Cundy unveils incredible treasure map themed prosthetic leg ahead of 2016 Rio Games
- Credit: Archant
Walpole St Andrew Paralympic cycling star Jody Cundy will be hoping his stunning newly-painted treasure map themed leg will lead the way to gold in Rio de Janeiro this month.
Cundy unveiled the new design, which features a pirate map showing his route from London to Brazil, alongside all the Paralympic medals he has won during his successful career.
The leg, which he also used in the 2012 London Games, was designed by Cundy and painted by Surrey-based company, Image Design Custom.
Cundy said: “The paint job is very specific to the London to Rio gold quest.
“It has a treasure map, which represents the lost gold in London. Hopefully there’s a pot of gold at the end in Rio.
You may also want to watch:
“This is the leg that was designed to win in London but the paint job that will hopefully finish it all off.”
The 37-year-old begins his bid for yet more Paralympic glory in the one-kilometre time trial this Friday (September 9) and the mixed team sprint on Sunday (11).
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal