Park Ladies 2-5 March Town Ladies: Barbour bags four as Hares claim local bragging rights in the League Cup
- Credit: Archant
Louise Barbour continued her scintillating form in a March Town Ladies shirt by hitting four goals in the Hares’ League Cup triumph over local rivals, Park Ladies.
The March side took the short trip across Fenland to Wimblington to face higher-level Park and produced a superb display to seal a 5-2 victory and a place in the next round.
In what was a great advert for ladies football, the Hares took the lead through summer signing Barbour’s free-kick, before she doubled her side’s lead with a shot that crept through the ‘keeper’s fingers.
Barbour completed her treble soon after, but Park reduced the arrears with two quick-fire strikes.
Emma Searle added a fourth with a sweet strike from distance in the second half, before Barbour capped a superb afternoon for March with a lobbed fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Park will hope for a response in their S-Tech Premiership clash with ICA Sports on October 16, while March take on Hungate Rovers Ladies in the Championship North on the same day.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Ex-glider pilot and education pioneer dies