Park Ladies 2-5 March Town Ladies: Barbour bags four as Hares claim local bragging rights in the League Cup
- Credit: Archant
Louise Barbour continued her scintillating form in a March Town Ladies shirt by hitting four goals in the Hares’ League Cup triumph over local rivals, Park Ladies.
The March side took the short trip across Fenland to Wimblington to face higher-level Park and produced a superb display to seal a 5-2 victory and a place in the next round.
In what was a great advert for ladies football, the Hares took the lead through summer signing Barbour’s free-kick, before she doubled her side’s lead with a shot that crept through the ‘keeper’s fingers.
Barbour completed her treble soon after, but Park reduced the arrears with two quick-fire strikes.
Emma Searle added a fourth with a sweet strike from distance in the second half, before Barbour capped a superb afternoon for March with a lobbed fourth.
You may also want to watch:
Park will hope for a response in their S-Tech Premiership clash with ICA Sports on October 16, while March take on Hungate Rovers Ladies in the Championship North on the same day.
- 1 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 2 'Eccentric traveller' to ride Penny-Farthing from London to Paris
- 3 More than 60 fines issued to Covid rulebreakers in Cambs this year
- 4 Green light for off-licence despite objections
- 5 Council chief executive accused of 'indifference' over Covid-19 response
- 6 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 7 All staff and residents at Chatteris care home now vaccinated against Covid
- 8 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 9 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 10 Have your say on Mepal crematorium plans - but be quick